CHAPTER SIXTEEN

He walked slowly as if calculating his steps, out of his suite and headed for hers.

He turned the door handle slowly and walked into the calm and somewhat humid living room. The TV was on, playing an animation he didn't bother to know the name of.

She still had the painting from Abeedah and he smiled at it as he proceeded to the bedroom.

He peeped before entering and she wasn't there. Apart from the crumbled sheets, the room was spotless.

From where he stood he could hear music coming from the closet.

Hmm, prepare for a beating man.

He smiled at his subconscious and went towards the door.

He entered and spotted the source of the music on her vanity at the end of the space, her MP3 player.

Even the closet was clean and he only noticed how full it was.

What does she do with so much clothes?

The air there smelt different from the other rooms, it's mixed with those of cosmetics, different perfumes and what have you.

But she wasn't there also.

An evil smirk twitched his lips at a side as he inched further towards the bathroom.

The door was open and he could hear the sound of the shower running.

Something in him kept whispering 'go back' but then his childish self didn't, it's been a very long time since he had some fun.

They've lived in that house for over a week now without any sort of communication. He tried talking to her a few times but she fires him that 'dangerous' look which effortlessly makes him shut up.

But now he has to talk to her and looking for trouble is a perfect way to make her do that.

She's in the shower stall, having a hot bath. Her silhouette still fine even through the hazy glass.

He shifted his eyes from her, trying to hide his smile.

She's gonna bury you alive if she sees you here.

Doing the exact opposite of that, he knocked.

She gasped and immediately turned around, wiped the glass and saw him leaning over the doorjamb, his eyes on her and for a first, an ugly smile on his face.

"You-what..." She opened the door and poked her head out. "What the hell are you doing here?! Can't you see I'm bathing?! Leave! Shoo! I'll yell bloody murder if you don't... what are you still doing there?!"

"You shouldn't have leaned on that."

She glanced at herself and went back in. "You_"

"I'll be waiting in the bedroom." He left, still trying to choke down his laughter.

God is she hot.

He stopped by a cabinet in the closet and drew the glass door open. It's a group of beautiful and classy abayas.

A sad smile worked on his lips as he remembered his mum's abaya collection which was the largest he's ever seen. Not like he's seen that of many ladies but the last time he counted hers before she passed away they were reaching a double hundred.

Now that's much.

But it isn't like she doesn't give out clothes, she does that almost everyday.

Perhaps that's why she never runs out of it.

Passing his hands through the gowns, he stopped on an ash cotton beaded abaya and pulled it out.

Abeedah had called him last night to ask if they could go to the foundation with Amira and why would he say no?