CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Something kept buzzing relentlessly and Ali groaned, moved his hand around to get whatever it was. He got hold of his flip Nokia phone, a hot cake at that time and opened his eyes.

His head was pounding and eyes heavy but he managed to answer the call without knowing who was calling.

"God dammit where the hell are you?!" Salis whisper-yelled and Ali moved the phone away from his ear, scowling. "Ali are you there?!"

"Dammit what's up with you?" He grunted, frowning at how badly his head ached.

"Ali are you still sleeping? Where on earth did you sleep last night?! Do you fucking know what time it is?!"

Ali checked his wrist but couldn't see his wristwatch, his brows pulled together and that's when he noticed he's not in a usual somewhere.

Where am I?!

"Will you freaking answer me?! It's past nine Ali, we have to be at the ground by_" Ali ended the call, slowly sitting up ignoring his aching head and inspected his surrounding.

It's an average sized room consisting of wooden furniture, a vinyl carpet covering the whole floor and a white ceiling fan hanging. He could tell it's a lady's room from the hijabs hanging on the wall and some lady shoes packed at a corner.

What the... how did I get here? Where is this place?

He looked at himself and almost jumped out of his skin. He's bare except for the boxer shorts on him.

He tried to force himself to remember something, anything, but it was just blank and the more he tried, the worse his head ached.

He heard movement and quickly looked up to meet an unfamiliar face come into the room in a full length hijab and carrying a plate and cup.

"You're up. Good morning." The lady greeted, keeping her holdings on the dressing mirror beside the bed.

"Who are you and how did you bring me here?"

She just stood there, looking anywhere but his face and fiddling nervously with her fingers.

"Dammit I_" His yell seized when a bout of pain thrust in his head and he groaned, holding unto it.

"Are you okay?" She worriedly asked, inching towards him.

"Will you tell me who you are?! How did you bring me here?!"

"You were drunk, last night, I couldn't leave you on the street like that."

"Fuck - where... why did you undress me?!"

Now she felt like fleeing for dear life.

"What the hell happened?!" He snapped again, ignoring his head that was about to blow.

She flinched at the intensity of his voice. Goodness what did I do?!

"What the hell is your name?"

"Zainab." She mumbled.

He scowled as he gave her a better look, trying to remember if the face was really familiar. "Are you... the waitress at the restaurant?"

"Yes." She answered, her head low.

"Where are my clothes? Damn can you explain to me what the hell happened?!"