CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Slm guys, I literally spent the whole day on this and didn't have much time to edit so please forgive any blunders 🙏

***

Ali stood by the archway as he checked out his wife who's cleaning. Dior was playing on the Bluetooth speaker and she danced as she sang along. He was happy and satisfied seeing her that way, relieved she woke up in high spirits and not as gloomy as she went to bed the night before.

He could only imagine how much she's been through, so much emotional traumas that she carried along but never let bring her down. He was proud of her, amazed at how she handles stuff and jealous of her optimism, faith and positivity.

If he had even a little fraction of those, his life would've been far better. He wouldn't have been walking about with so much distress.

For a moment he remembered Usman's 'order' but he decided to ignore that and furthered towards his wife who was mopping. She always gets his mind off things, his personal drug, his remedy, his peace.

He grabbed her waist from behind, slid his fingers beneath the fabric of her shirt and she chuckled.

"What's up big guy?"

"Missing my little girl."

"Me and the prince we pull up in fleets. VSOP's to my Mon Ami's." She sang, held his hand and swayed to the beat of the song.

Ali smiled at her and turned her around, threw her arms over his shoulders. "Princess."

"Ash." She smiled, her eyes in his.

His heart felt heavy, the emotions so intense he could almost taste them on his tongue. "Noor."

She laughed. "Is that my name as well?"

He nodded. "Jawharati."

"Yaqoot."

He smiled. "Do you know what that means?"

"A gemstone? Or pearl? It fits you though."

"How do you know that?"

"Had a friend in AUN, he has the surname."

Ali nodded, trying to pick up the lyrics of the song that just played.

Amira hummed along to the first line and that's basically what he needed.

"Easy text me pon Snapchat, sexy snaps me heart beatin' like rap chat,"

Amira raised a teasing brow at him and she continued the next line.

"Cos inna ma quality bed, quality rest is rest assured for you."

Ali shrugged, not knowing the next line and she laughed, placed her head on his chest.

"Put it on your private story," They both sang along. "Lemme see you in your full glory."

Amira;"Anything I want she'll show me."

Both; "She dey finish work she dey go in."

Ali; "No man can ever clone me. I'm the realest she knows me."

Amira: "Fulfill all that you told me, omo finish work, baby go in."

Ali; "Girl, you've been on my mind lately. Me wan," He bit on his lip, looking sexy as he did and she pulled away from him, held his hands as she danced to the song, making him follow in her steps.

Me want to see you soon
You should be here by noon
Come catch my cruise

"Me want to see you mo-ove, all I need is you. Baby step inna me room yeah."