CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

He stuffed his hands in the pocket of his hoodie as he padded his way out of the dorm and outside to where he parked the car earlier.

He felt his phone buzz but knew who it was so didn't bother to pick up. He opened the door and went in, threw his head on the headrest and closed his eyes.

He'd had a fight with Salis earlier, the usual. It reached the authorities and they got a good deal of discipline.

He groaned, held his head. His whole body ached and he's so angry his chest felt heavy.

The phone vibrated again and he retrieved it, rejected Salis' call and switched it off. Using a phone was banned in the academy but what are rules without breaking them?

He brought the engine to life and made his way to wherever would get his mind off things.

>●>●>●

She just bid her friend goodbye as she took the turn to her home and continued to hers. Her aunt was on one of her numerous trips again and that's why she was able to go night reading with her friends.

She caught herself grinning like a loon and giggled at the reason she was.

"C'mon, tell him you love him." One of her friends, Shatu, had urged.

"No, propose to him. You know like Nana Khadija did." Hauwa suggested.

She let out a dreamy breath as she thought of him but it wasn't long lived.

That guy is every girls' dream. She knows at least a thousand girls who have a crush on him, girls better than her. Some are even closer to him than she, not really him though, his friends. Some have even professed their feelings and she could clearly remember how he snubbed a certain girl before, the girl must have had high hopes on her looks but he ignored her like there's nothing there.

That incident gave her the freaks for such a long time.

Nah, maybe she should just keep on crushing on him. It'll be better than having the embarrassment of a life time.

She stopped when she sighted a familiar car parked by the street. Could it be the one?, she thought as she approached it.

She was surprised to see that it was after checking the plate number. Yeah maybe it's more than a crush, she's obsessed with him. She knows everything possible to know about him, everything. His classes, friends, what he does, eats, wears, his scent, sports, grades, just anything anyone can know.

She walked slowly past the car and noticed nobody was in it, she looked around and guessed he was somewhere near. I'd wait for him, she thought and left the car so it won't look creepy if he meets her there.

She walked slowly, searching for a box seat where she could stalk her crush. She came to a screeching stop when she saw a figure in a nook seating with one leg stretched and the other one bent at the knee to support his hand which was holding a bottle, his head was hung between his shoulders.

She could tell from the physique, but the silver ring on his middle finger affirmed who he was.

She crept closer, trying to catch a glimpse of his face. "Ali?"

He slowly looked up, his sight blurred and head unsteady. It took a few seconds for him to bring the face to a shaky focus. He smiled broadly. "Hey!" His voice was dripping with booziness. "Wait, who are you?"