CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Okay, as promised. But I really had to rush the editing, wasn't expecting to do it so soon😂

Guess I have great readers 😍

>>>>>>>

He paddled his bicycle along the sidewalk, the early December morning breeze as soothing and cold as it could be. But nothing could swipe out the turmoil he's in. Nothing at all.

The cold tickled his skin until dry, but he's used to chills much worse than that.

At last he arrived at the gate and he climbed down from the bicycle, opened the gate, pushed the bicycle in then closed it again.

He rode through the massive dry field all the way to the cabin and parked the bicycle by the wall before walking over to the door with a plastic bag holding some things he bought.

Going into the wooden door, he took off his slippers and closed it but froze up when he saw his father in the room, seated on the couch and staring outside the window.

"I thought you'd never come, I've been waiting for almost an hour."

Definitely, he's been out since before subh.

The father looked away from the window to his son, gave him a long show inspection.

Ali took his face down, from shame, embarrassment, and fear. His weak heart switched to frenzy mode and if he wasn't standing face to face with one of the many persons he wasn't ready to meet, he'd have sought a place to sit before he collapses.

"Nice place you have here." The Lamido stood up and readjusted the hands of his babbar riga, looking around. "You didn't only keep it but also reconstructed it, just the way it was."

Ali looked around to and when he faced his father, their eyes locked and he took his head down again.

"But are you expecting someone?" They locked gazes again and Ali couldn't be more uncomfortable under his father's pointed stare. He looked at his feet, wondering how much his father had seen.

"You've done a lot in little time. For how long have you been here?"

Ali couldn't raise his eyes to look at him again, he had completely lost his voice. Damn no he didn't.

The Lamido seeing no reply was coming his way, continued. "New lights... furniture... bedding... appliances, or are you planning on relocating?"

Ali swallowed to ease his throat. His father definitely knew what he's doing and Ali wasn't loving that restlessness.

"And... thought you didn't do that anymore." He directed at the easel at the other side of the room and Ali slowly followed his eyes to it. "Well I didn't want to have a second look so I covered it, hope it doesn't blotch your work. But hide it somewhere when you're done. She won't feel good if she sees it out in the open. It's a nice work though, I never knew forsaken talents could still be this good."

"And yeah, I saw something..." He raised his index in the air and Ali's heart jumped to his throat.

"In the bedroom, some hair accessories."

And Ali sighed quietly. But wait... he even went to the bedroom? Then he definitely...

"Who are they for? I don't think you have a daughter, or are you expecting one?" He waited for an answer but Ali still said nothing. Well he knew his son well, and he picked no offense at all. Ali will speak, that much he knows.

"Anyways, they're beautiful, whoever they belong to will certainly love them." And he began strolling towards the kitchen area. "You did a nice job around here. Everything's good and new and cozy and clean..."