Sirius

The next morning, I wake up anxious. I've met Claire but I still need to make a good second impression, especially after the first. I get up and shower, before pulling on the outfit I picked out that matches what I'm having Hays wear; I'm still shocked she would let me pick out her outfit. I put on my navy blue sweater with a white collared shirt underneath and put on my khaki shorts. I roll up the sleeves of the sweater and look at my reflection in the mirror of my bathroom. My curls are trying to fall in my face from the way I ran my hand through them, reminding of how Haley loves to play with them. I walk back into my room to see that Lily, Rose, and Sydney have all come in to wake the other boys up and because Hays is in the shower so they can't use the bathroom. The boys get up drowsily and Peter takes a shower as Rose goes into her room to begin getting ready. The rest of the girls follow and soon it's me and the boys again. We hear giggles from their room which makes me smile to myself. Soon all of the boys shower and are ready. We walk to the girls' room and knock on the door and hear them shush each other's giggles and I hear Hays say, "Come in." We all look at each other and soon I have a bag over my head- I wonder where that came from- and walk blindly into their room. I find the canopy bed's banister and sit on the edge of the bed. I hear giggles and the other boys saying, "Get this bag off of me. Nice job." I smell Haley's perfume go past me and grab her with my hands and say, "Hays. Please, take this off of my head." She laughs and carefully takes it off and I quickly pull her in for a kiss. I notice the ladders next to the door, realizing that some of the girls must've dropped them on our heads. She pulls away and says, "We got an owl saying that we need to bring our bathing suits with us today. We might be going swimming." I nod and the boys and girls all run to grab theirs. I realize I'm still holding Haley's waist and let her go as I stand up. I notice her outfit for the first time as I'm walking out of her room backwards to mine. She is wearing the peach dress I picked out with the navy flats. She has flowers in her hair and is wearing my locket and ring. I smile and say, "Be back in a bit," as I turn around and hustle to grab my bathing suit and a towel. I walk out as Haley does and she takes my stuff and puts it in the bag she's carrying. I thank her as I put an arm around her waist and we begin to walk down the stairs. The girls come out and see us and hop down the stairs next to us. The boys meet us in the common room and soon we all head to breakfast, the couple all holding hands or with their arms wrapped around each other. We all are dressed nicely so there are no piggy back rides at the moment. We make it through breakfast without having Claire interrupt us. Though, as soon as breakfast is over she and a boy come over to join us. She introduces him as Conner, her boyfriend. I'm shocked she could get one because she's a complete arse to me but she's sweet to him. I stand up when she tells us to and I take Hays' hand as soon as I can. We all follow them out to the lawn for a round of frisbee. I begin to loosen up around them and when Haley gets the frisbee, I run over to where she is and 'trip' so that I'm laying in the grass and she's in my arms on my chest. She blushes and I laugh. We hear a throat being cleared right above us as I see a shadow appear over Hays' blonde hair. We look up to see Claire. I quickly apologize and help Hays up. Claire rolls her eyes and then whispers something to Conner who laughs and nods his head. Hays and I share a look and laugh. I pick her up and put her over my shoulder so I'm holding her knees and can't see her face. I run around the lawn that way as she tries to get me to put her down. She pounds on my back but it doesn't do anything. Lily and James come over and tell me, "Sirius, put her down, now. Claire isn't happy with you." I sigh and realize I probably blew my shot at being friends with Haley's family as I put Hays down.
The rest of the day goes well with swimming being postponed to "another time"- more like never. We all are in our common room and McGonagall has come in to inform me and Haley that Dumbledore has called us to his office in an hour. The time comes and Hays pulls me towards the office, walking at such a brisk pace we are practically running. He sits us down and bluntly starts, "Haley, you are not muggle born. It's such a long story there is a letter waiting on your bed to explain it. However, the reason you both have been called in today is that your marks have been low for the past semester. Now, I know it's hard for you both due to injuries, however you both are required to pass these exams or you will retake your sixth year." I snort and he turns his attention to me, "With all due respect, sir, I'm positive we can pass. Hays and I have been studying and getting all of the work from our classmates." He chuckles, "I have no doubt in you, I was just required to tell you the options. Now, you both are excused to get to bed, tomorrow will be a great day to study." We thank him and Haley grabs my hand, walking quickly back to the house. The only thought on my mind is concern for her, this news could change everything.