Haley

It's now a week after the engagement. I wake up and hustle to get everyone else up except for Sydney. Her birthday is tomorrow and she didn't want to do a party but we all want to do something special. I wake up Sirius last because he should be the easiest but it takes me opening up the curtains and jumping on his bed singing to get him up, again. He gives me a kiss and I tell him firmly, "Lets quit hockey and skating. We won't have time this summer to be with our friends if we continue." He agrees and we plan to go this afternoon and resign. We walk downstairs to where everyone is waiting and James yells, "Took you long enough! What were you doing? Snogging?" I blush and say no as Sirius slaps him upside the head on his way to get us both coffee. He sits down next to me and hands me my mug. I thank him and he places his hand on my knee as Remus starts our "meeting". Mum and dad join us a bit into the talk and help us plan and will take us all shopping today. Sydney will go with us but we will distract her while mum and dad go get the supplies needed. We all then begin breakfast as she comes down the stairs. We all get ready and stop by the rink on our way. Sirius and I run in and turn in our resignation papers and then hurry out. We climb back into the car and we all shoot off towards a block of muggle shops. Sydney enjoys it as she makes me try on a load of dresses to model for Sirius. He watches and smiles but isn't the most happy with the idea until the tenth dress. It's a gorgeous dress, strapless and cuts off just below my knees. It's nearly backless and is an ocean blue lace. It has a bit of body to it but isn't a poofy as others have been. He exclaims it's the one for my birthday dinner, he winks at this and I know he means it's for Syd's dinner, and insists I put it in my growing stack of clothes. I walk back in the dressing room and take it off and put on my real clothes because that was the last thing to try on. Sirius takes my clothes as I walk out and goes to the register. "Sir, I can pay. I have money." "You said you wanted clothes for your birthday and I didn't get you anything." "You got me the ring! That's enough!" He shakes as his head as he pays and I huff. He smiles as he gives me the bag. "Thank you," I sigh and he gives me a kiss on the forehead, "You're welcome, baby!" I slip my hand around his waist as we begin to walk over to where everyone is. He wraps an arm around my shoulders and says, "You know you're going to have to deal with me doing this from now on." I laugh and say thank you again as we join the gang. We all go to lunch and then force the boys to get a couple new outfits since they need new nice outfits for tomorrow. Sydney laughs when Remus comes out in a sky blue tux and we all say no to it. It takes us until four in the evening to shop and for mum and dad to join us again. We all make it home and mum has the house elf prepare dinner. We sit on the back porch looking over the porch and decide we'll go swimming after dinner. Mum and dad say they won't join us but we are free to stay up as late as we want. I get up in the middle of the pack and go up to my room. I spend a few minutes sitting on my window sill and watch as Sydney, Rose, Peter, and Remus all walk out to the pool and Peter and Remus throw the girls into the pool after they have their coverups off. A knock on my door snaps me out of my thoughts and I see Sirius leaning against the post and watching me. He's in his swimsuit with a towel thrown over his bare shoulder. He tells me to get on my suit and then closes the door. He pops in again and says quickly, "Wear the bikini. The girls told me you bought one." I mock glare at him as he laughs and shuts the door. I glance at my drawer and I grab two bathing suits, a tankini and the only bikini I have. I throw the tankini back as I undress and slip on the bikini. I look in the mirror at my soft waves that flow down almost to my bottom. The bikini itself is a modest one, a tighter inner layer on the top that's black and then there's a lacy cover over in a mint color that covers almost all of my ribs. My stomach is showing and you can see how little sun I've gotten. The bottoms are a plain black and normal but show off my long legs a bit more than normal. I slip on my coverup and hustle out into the hall where Sirius is leaning up against the wall close to the stairs. He grabs my hand and we quickly run down the stairs and outside. We see Peter, Rose, Sydney, and Remus talking and looking up at something on or in the house. I hear a squeal and see Lily swinging on a rope into the pool. I forgot there was a tree next to James' window. James climbs out the window and grabs the rope before joining her in the pool. I roll my eyes and place my towel and cover up done. I feel his hand snake around the waist and his lips on my cheek. "You wore the bikini," Sirius whispers. I nod and he pulls me towards the group by the hand. I sit down on the edge and put my feet into the nice water. Sirius decides to be an arse and cannonball next to me, resulting in me getting sprayed by the water. He comes up to the surface and the girls start complaining about being splashed. I laugh and splash him with my hand. He swims up and puts his head on my knee as he holds my hands. He gives me a wicked smile before pulling me into the pool. I hit his chest as I fall but he stops me from hitting his head with mine. I swallow a bit of water and come up coughing but I'm fine. Sirius gives me a look of concern and I shake it off. He gives me a piggy back ride as we swim over to the group. We all talk and laugh for a bit before James brings up the idea of something called Chicken Fights. You have to get on someone's shoulders and then fight another person until they fall downer you do. We all are willing to try it and Sirius and I go against James and Lily first. Lily and I fight on top as the boys try to hold us up as they are kicking each other. Lily gives me a push but I send her toppling off if James' shoulders. Peter and Rose fight us next and we win, as well as against Sydney and Remus. They decide to switch us all and we go boys against girls. Sirius and I serve as bases for most of it and the girls do pretty god but the boys win. Sirius and I go head to head and I end up beating him because of him trying to pull me down with him as he was falling. I laugh and cheer as I push myself up onto the side of the pool. I lay down and groan as I feel my sides burn, asthma attack. Sirius pops up next to me and I nod as he asks, "Asthma?" He picks me up and takes me into his room so he can watch me for a bit until I'm better. He grabs a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and places them in my hands. He tells me to change into them and I quickly as possible head to my room and pull on the clothes after putting on undergarments instead of a wet bathing suit. His clothes are baggy on me but then smell like him and are warm. I walk to his door and trip as I'm walking in. He hollers my name and runs to my side. He picks me up and places me on the bed as I begin gasping for air. I hate asthma attacks. He sits there and begins trying to fan me. I gasp out, "Inhaler." He nods and goes to grab my rescue inhaler I gave him just in case. He sits me up a bit in his arm and makes me take three puffs. I lay down and gasp out a loud breath and begin trying to breath normally. Sirius lays down next to me and rubs my hand as he stares intently at the ceiling. We share a look as he pulls his eyes away from the ceiling. He pulls me close and I bury my head in his chest and he rubs my back as I begin to cry. Sirius was there for me in the time I most needed it and I know without a doubt that this is the man I love. Sirius Orion Black is the one I'm in love with and always will be.