Haley

We make it to my room quickly and I let out those tears I've been holding back. Tears of joy. Sirius looks at me questioningly and I say, "I'm not a muggle born! Maybe your parents will approve of me now!" He says, "I don't care if they approve of you or not." I hug him and laugh, "I know you didn't, that's why we are inseparable." He laughs and I notice the letters. I pick one up that is labeled to both of us. He reads aloud over my shoulder as I scan the letter.
Mr. Black and Ms. Young,
We formally invite you to the funeral of Thomas, Emily, and Lucas Young. It will be the day after you get back from school at 1:00. All of your friends are allowed to come and Sirius is needed to speak. Thank you. Sirius, get the speech done and ready.
Sincerely,
Julianna Howard, grandmother of Haley
I look at Sirius and say, "Well. Looks like we are all going to a funeral. And the day after your birthday." He shrugs and says, "I'm more worried about the speech. I don't know what to say." I giggle and say, "You'll figure it out, smooth talker." He rolls his eyes and grabs the other letter as he sprawls out on my bed. He reads aloud, "Dear Miss Young. It is time to tell you your wizardry heritage. Your parents were both pure bloods that fell in love. Their families hated each other and got into a fight over this. They killed all of the family members other than your parents. Both of your parents were upset to be orphans and began to hurt mudbloods. In order to stop it, we had to take all memories of them from others and remove them from the wizarding world. Their powers were taken away and memories replaced by muggle ones. This happened after they were married and you were born. You were three days old after this happened. We are sorry for your loss and know that this must be a shock to you. Your grandmother on your mothers side is a muggle we castes a memory in to think she is your mother's mother. Sincerely, the Ministry of Magic."
I say, "Well. That sounds like Romeo and Juliet. Oh well. It's good to know why I never met my family other than my fake grandma." I yawn and curl up on the bed next to Sirius. He tells me that tomorrow is a Hogsmeade day so we can go shopping for funeral outfits tomorrow. I nod and he pulls the covers over me and kisses my forehead before going to his room.
****
We get back from shopping for funeral outfits and all are in my room and the girls ask me, "What are you wearing for your party? You and Sirius decided on a ball. You need to get a dress! It's your birthday! Get a new one!" I roll my eyes and say, "I don't know. I probably will wear my dress from the Valentine's Day ball." Sirius says from behind me as he wraps his arms around me, he went to put his suit in his room, and says, "How about a new dress? It would be great, I agree. I want you too, please?" I shrug and say okay. "I do have to get a new one anyways for the end of the year ball. Wait! No! I'll just wear the blue from New Year's Eve! No one else has seen it!" They all agree with me and I allow Sirius to pick me up and toss me onto the couch next to the girls. We all giggle as he sits on the floor with the other boys. I play with his hair as we all talk. They all ask me to model my dress for them since I bought it while they all were still trying on dresses. I get up and pull out the covered dress and walk to my bathroom. After getting it on, I walk out and hear the girls gasp and squeal. I look at them instead of my feet and see Sirius looking at me with an adoring look on his face. The boys all say that it's nice and the dinner bell rings. I run to the bathroom and shrug off the dress and get back into my casual clothing. I hang the dress back up to see Sirius waiting for me and the rest's murmurs at the edge of the stairs. Sirius gives me a piggy back ride to dinner and afterward we all sit in the common room and play games as Sirius tried to focus on his speech for the funeral. One by one, everyone leaves and soon it is Sirius and I. I try to look at his paper as I curl up on his lap. He hides it from me and says it will be a surprise for me. I stick my tongue out and he chuckles. I place my head over his heart as he starts stroking my hair. I yawn and so does he as I begin to fall asleep. The last thing I remember is him picking me up and carrying me up the stairs.