Haley

I wake up to James poking Sirius and Sydney asking if she should wake us. I am fully awake now. I sit up and James laughs. Sirius still has an arm wrapped around me when he wakes up. He sits up suddenly and movement makes me jump onto his lap.

James is laughing too hard now and he says in between laughs, "Did the sleeping potion rub off on you too, Sirius?" Sirius presses his forehead on the back of my neck as a blush takes over my face. I am frustrated at James for making Sirius so embarrassed. I start to slideoff of his lap but, he holds me to him.

Instead, I glare at James and twist so Sirius can see my face,"Hey, it isn't that bad. James can just find a way to make you get embarrassed. Please don't get embarrassed by being with me." Sirius shakes his head. "I'm not. In fact, I am bloody happy to be with you. It's just that I let him get to my head at times."

"Well, don't let him," is my response. "Now if you will all excuse me, I am going to get ready for bed. I have a long night ahead of me." I close my eyes as I wait for Sirius to pick me up and carry me to bed.

*****
I can't sleep. Not after what happened today. Peter was out to get me. When I finally fell asleep, I wake up crying. Sirius was there already, was about to wake me up for my medicine. He held me for a while in silence. Then I finally gasped out, "Peter, he killed me." Sirius rocks me a bit more.

"No, no. Baby, I won't let that happen." "It happened in my dream. He had already killed you so it was easier. He killed me while I was crying over your dead body." Sirius shushes me and holds me. He gives me my medicine and then sits next to my bed as I fall asleep. Holding my hand the whole time.
*****
On Sunday, I wake up to the sun shining through the window and Sirius asleep in a chair next to my bed, his head on the mattress. I giggle and poke his cheek. He grunts and I poke him again. He finally sits up and yawns after I poke him on the neck. I watch as he runs his hands through his messy curls which are almost to his ears now. I giggle as he says, "I know, I'm so handsome. No need to check me out."

"Would you mind to turn down the cockiness? I was just thinking you might want to cut your hair."

He gives me a hearty laugh and sticks his tongue out at me, my boyfriend is still a child. I laugh at him before I yawn again, "What time do we have the appointment with the nurse? I'm ready to walk."

"In three hours. It's noon. You'll probably want to get ready. Do you want to get up yet?"

"I do. Can we get food before please?" My stomach grumbles at the moment and I blush. He laughs and agrees, picking me up and hustling down the stairs, where food is waiting for us. Sirius places me on the couch and grabs a plate, serving me a large portion of each. I'm handed a plate and dig in to the waffle quickly, "You know, I'm going to get fat soon if I can't walk."

"Haley Grace, you will not get fat. To be honest, you need a bit more fat on you. I love you to pieces and I've been concerned about your weight for a bit. You're gorgeous in and out. It isn't going to hurt to gain two pounds."

I gulp down a bite and stare sheepishly at my plate. I didn't mean to get Sirius upset. I am tall and lanky but I've never thought I was a pole. Maybe he's right. I apologize and he forgives me with a kiss on the forehead.

We finish breakfast soon and I'm stuffed to my limits. He carries me quickly up to my room and places me in my wheelchair, closing the door so that I can change. I grab a cute navy blue blouse and teal shorts. I shakily move my legs to change but fall back into the chair due to the splint being a little too clunky for me to handle. Soon enough, I'm ready to go.

I quickly finish braiding my hair as we wait for the nurse to arrive. She said she would do our check up in the common room so that I could be comfortable and wouldn't have to move. She waltzes in as soon as I pat my hair after tying the end. The nurse is sweet and gently removes the splint and wrappings. My knee still looks bruised and swollen but the rest looks fine. I glance at her as she makes her verdict, "Well, dear, your legs are fine except for that knee. I'll put you in a brace for a week more but you can walk and go to classes. "

I sigh in relief and Sirius grins. She continues, "Sirius, dear. She will need this remedy applied to her knee every night and the brace must stay on at all times except for when the cream is being applied, then it must go back on immediately." He nods and stands up from his chair, shaking her hand before she puts a brace on me and leaves us to be. I look up at him from my knee and grin. He reaches out with his hands and I place mine in his. I try to stand and I fall back down. I take a deep breath and anchor my feet, determined to do it this time. I stand up slowly and soon am at the same level as Sirius' chest. I squeal and hop up, wrapping my hands around his neck, him picking me up by the waist, chuckling.

"Congrats Hays! Now, let's do something!" I pull away and fall back to my feet, He called me Hays. No one has called me that other than William. Should I let him? He doesn't even know about William, I could let him. He wouldn't ever have to know about that part of my past.

I snap back as Sirius places my face in the crook of his cupped palm. I look up at him and say quietly, "Hays. I like it. No one's called me that." He pulls me close by a hand on the middle of my back and kisses me slowly. I let all memories fade away as I kiss him back, letting one of my hands run through his hair. His lips are soft and his curls slide easily between my fingers. I pull away, breathless, and stare into his eyes, a gray sky that's clear of any anger or hatred. He wraps both of his arms around my waist and pulls me close. I sigh, content in his arms. I pull one of his hands away from my waist and hold it up in my own, draping my other arm over his shoulder. I'm decently short compared to him, but I ignore it. I begin to sway to the rhythm of his heartbeat and he lets me lead and accidentally steps on my feet. We don't let it stop us and I begin to teach him how to waltz. He pulls me close, singing one of my favorite songs, and I giggle as he twirls me.

"Haley! You're on your feet!"