A Witch and Her Kitten

Thank you to GoldWolf4 for beta reading this!

It wasn’t often Marinette got annoyed with the paparazzi. It was their job after all. But they had kept asking questions she couldn’t answer, making fans mad at her. It didn’t help that she has new responsibilities as Guardian 

And when they asked her if she was pregnant because she had gained just a little bit of weight, she had had enough.

So when the akuma attack ended, she gave them what they wanted. Answers. Were they the right ones? Maybe, maybe not.

“Are you and Chat Noir dating?” asked Nadja Chamack.

“I’m far too old for Chat,” Ladybug said, words coming out before she fully comprehended them.

Everybody was silent.

“Well, how old are you then?” Another reporter asked.

I might as well play along with it, she thought.

“Well, I’ve been alive since ancient Egypt. Cleopatra and I were like this,” Ladybug said. she crossed her fingers as her miraculous beeped. “Bug out!” She zipped away.

_________________________________

Marinette and Tikki couldn’t help but laugh at the comments that were left on the Ladyblog’s newest post.

Patrol came around sooner rather than later and she quickly zipped off to try and find her partner in anti-crime. “Hey, Minou,” she said, appearing behind him.

Chat jumped back in surprise. “Hey, Ladybug.”

“What? No LB? M’Lady? Can’t believe I’m about to say this but Bugaboo?” Ladybug teased. “What did you do with the real Chat Noir?”

“Sorry, Bugaboo,” she rolled her eyes playfully, “Just thinking about the  interview earlier.” 

“What about it?”

“What you said. About you really being older. Is that why you’ve been rejecting me or am I really just that unloveable,” Chat asked.

“Oh, Chat,” she said, sitting next to him. “It was a joke. They were just getting on my nerves and I wanted them to stop bothering me about things I already said I couldn’t answer,” she said, hugging him.

"So it's just because you don't like me," Chat grumbled, hand cupping his chin. "Not the first one."

"Chaton, I do love you but my heart belongs to someone else and if he didn't already own my heart, I would've gladly said yes to you," the red superherione said.

He hugged her, surprising her for a second before she hugged back. "I'll take the North and West and you take the South and East," she said as she pulled away.

_________________________________ 

"Honestly, I hoped Monsieur Ramier would've chosen a different animal by now," Chat commented as they landed on the sidewalk.

"Honestly, I'm surprised-" the sound of cameras clicking  and questions being shouted at them interrupted their conversation, their superhero names being called all around them.

"Chat Noir, how do you feel about Ladybug with your new information about her?" Alya asked. Chat met Ladybug's eyes before he smirked and replied.

"I've  had a crush on M'Lady since she saved me as a kitten by turning me into a human." Everybody froze.

She smiled. “Well, Uncle Hawkmoth would’ve killed you! If only we could get him to get my rightful place on the throne.”

Chat’s miraculous beeped.

“Better hurry back before I turn into a kitten again. Farewell, M’Lady,” he vaulted away.

It was safe to say the news station had a field day that day.