Done With You Guys

"As long as you and I both know the truth, does it really matter?" he smiled.

Marinette stayed silent, making Adrien worried. "What happened?" Adrien asked. "She threatened me," Marinette said in a small, meek voice, hoping he wouldn't hear. Sadly that did not happen. 

"She did what?" he said, slowly getting angry. "She said she was going to turn my friends against me, even you. I was about to get akumatized, I-I didn't want to lose my friends," she said, her voice cracking.

Adrien pulled her close, surprising the small girl. "I take back what I said before, she can go to hell. But trying to expose her lies aren't doing us any favors," Adrien said, letting the small, petite girl.

Adrien was right, it never really did work for her. It would always backfire on her than the actual liar.

"I even asked her to stop lying and she got so angry enough to get akumatized. Obviously asking her to stop won't work. What if we told Alya and Nino?" he suggested.

Marinette bit her lip and he figured he might have said the wrong thing. "I've already tried but they don't believe me," she said, sadly.

"Maybe they'll believe us if it was the two of us," he suggested. "You can do it but I'd prefer it if I weren't there. I'm still pretty upset at them for before and I really don't feel like getting into fights," Marinette said, gloomy.

Adrien agreed to talk to Nino and Alya the next day at lunch seeing as it was already the end of the school day. 

Surprisingly, she didn't stutter as bad as she thought she would've, there were a couple words she missed in sentences but otherwise was fine.

The time went surprisingly fast, you know what they say.

"Time flies when you're having fun!"

And by the time they separated paths, they both had smiles on their face. Marinette couldn't believe her luck. She hung out with Adrien! Without stuttering as much!

"Tikki, can you believe it! He actually told me he likes spending time with me. CAn you believe it me!" Marinette squealed.

"So I've heard. You've been saying it for the past hour. I was there in your purse when he said it," Tikki giggled.

The next day, Adrien and Marinette kept sneaking glances at each other. Alya and Nino definitely noticed it. Adrien didn't understand why she didn't want to be there when he talked to them but he respected her wishes and let her leave.

Class ended surprisingly earlier than expected, granted the two friends just stared at their work thinking about how the future conversation would work out. "You go without me Alya, I have to talk to Ms. Bustier about my grades," Marinette said.

"Okay girl. I'll meet you there," she said. "I will... tomorrow," Marinette whispered the last part. As she saw Alya go down the stairs, Adrien came in. 

"How'd you get her to leave?" Adrien asked. "I told her I had to talk to Ms. Bustier," Marinette replied.

They started to walk down the stairs. "Are you sure you don't want to be there with me?" Adrien asked. Marinette's heart skipped a beat.

"Y-Yeah. But if things get too heated or depressing or you just don't want to see them or something, you can always come over to the bakery," Marinette said. Adrien suddenly felt heat rush up to his cheeks.

"Y-Yeah thanks. I'll see you later," Adrien said. He turned around before Marinette called out his name. "Yes?"

She grabbed the side of his face and kissed his cheek. His face went crimson. "Good luck," she said, face equally as red, and went to the exit. "Yeah," he mumbled.