Captive

The police were surrounding the living and little Emma's room. Marinette was leaning into Adrien, sobbing uncontrollably, Adrien red in the face and tears streaming down but he somehow stayed quiet.

"Please go over it one more time, Mrs. Agreste?" Officer Roger asked. Marinette tried to stop crying. She took a few breaths before answering the question.

"My husband and I were having a little get together with our friends. We were celebrating just, being friends for a long time, seeing as we hadn't," Marinette took another breath, "seen each other in a while. Um, we had some wine and little into the party I tucked Emma into bed. I told a quick story and kissed her goodnight."

Marinette wiped the tears out of her eyes before continuing. But she failed as more tears came rolling down.

"She kissed me too. I turned off her lamp and then shut the door as I left. The party ended about an hour later. She," Marinette let out a sob, "Adrien went to go check on her, while I was in the bedroom. I was just about to get under the covers when he came rushing in," Marinette started breathing heavy and she pushed her head into Adrien's chest.

"I came rushing into the room telling her that Emma wasn't in her room and that the window was open. We, uh, went searching around the house and I went searching around the block but I couldn't find her, I called the police," Adrien finished for his wife.

"We found small traces of blood by the play table next to the window," Roger said.

Marinette broke into sobs. "No, not my baby, not my baby!" Marinette sobbed and sat on the couch. Adrien sat next to her, hugging her and crying too.

"Do you know anyone who would want to kidnap the child or any possible enemies?" Roger asked.

"Oh no. I can't think of anyone," Marinette said.

"Maybe some fangirls or something but I can't give exact names," Adrien said. "We're doing everything we possibly can to find your daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Agreste," Roger said, leaving the house.

That was a day ago and Marinette was completely worried about her daughter. "Marinette, you need to calm down," Adrien said , trying to comfort his wife.

"Calm down! Calm down! My daughter is missing Agreste and I have no idea of who would take her and she's already been missing for a day! Do not tell me to calm down!" Marinette said.

"Marinette, I mean it! This is not good for you and if our daughter is anything like us, she is safe and alive. I know it," Adrien said.

"Adrien," Marinette broke down, "I don't know where my baby is."

And for the rest of the morning, Adrien was there, comforting his wife while trying to make sure he didn't break down in front of her.

"I'm going to go to the store and get more tissues and coffee," Adrien said. Adrien fixed his hair really quick, got his keys, and went into his car.

He was glad the windows were tinted because the moment he got into the car, he broke down.

How could I have let this happen? I should've checked up on her after Marinette set her down and said good night, Adrien yelled at himself.

Suddenly, he heard the phone ring. He looked at his phone. The screen was turned off and yet, he still heard the phone ringing.

He looked around the car and on the passenger seat. A burner phone. He was sure it wasn't there yesterday.

He picked it up and answered. "Hello?"

"Ah, Adrien. Glad you picked up. But I guess curiosity killed the cat, didn't it?" the voice replied.

"Who is this?" Adrien asked.

"That's not what's important right now. Your daughter is missing right? You and your wife are so worried. Ah, I see she's balling right now. Aww, and poor, poor Marinette doesn't even know I have her daughter," the voice replied.

Adrien faced burned up. "Where is she?" Adrien seethed at the voice. "You're going to do something for me and if you don't, I'll make sure something happens to your precious 'little Princess'," the voice said.

"Daddy!!!" he heard the little girl said. "Emilie!" Adrien yelled her real name. "Don't you dare lay a finger on her, you bitch," Adrien said.

"No need for cruel names Adrien. But if you want to make sure she is safe, better listen up," the voice replied. The person took his silence as allowing her to continue.

"You're going to go to your mansion and search for a jewel. A miracle if you will and then you will call me back once you've found it. And now for the ground rules."

Adrien gritted his teeth.

"Don't get mad, Sunshine. You brought this onto yourself. Now listen,

1. You won't call the police or tell anyone that has to with any law enforcement

2. You won't tell your wife or she's going to get a pretty little stab in the stomach and

3. You can only go to your father for help

Clock's ticking, Handsome and if I don't get what I want, you can bury your wife's body right next to you daughter's," and with that the phone hung up.

Adrien quickly rushed out of his car and back into the house. Marinette was no longer on the couch. "Marinette!" Adrien called out. He went towards the kitchen and the guest room. Even the small coat and shoes closet.

"Marinette!" he called out again. He quickly went up to the second floor. Searching through every bedroom and bathroom and any room where she could be. He went back to the car.

A text came from the burner phone.

Tick Tock, your poor wife is waking up and luckily, I have enough chloroform to knock her out. Emma says hi.. You have an hour to get  to the miraculous or Emma will lose a finger

And with that, he started the car and rushed back to the manor he hadn't been to in 12 years.