A Weird Friendship

Adrien sat at his desk tapping his fingers against the keyboard of his laptop while twisting back and forth in the swirly chair. Alya rested on his bed on her stomach flipping through a couple of old fashion magazines that Adrien had of course modeled for every so often commenting:

"Marinette could make it better."

Adrien and Alya hung out a lot after school- especially days where their perspective best friends were busy. The two never really spoke when they hung out it was more of a silent agreement to just keep each other company during that time and as much as the two of them didn't admit to themselves - they both truly enjoyed their silent time spent together.

Adrien found his time that day being pre-occupied writing a small fan based story of sorts about two characters he knew very much about...

...

a fanfiction.

He was writing fanfiction.

More specifically LadyNoir Fiction.

And he was very lucky to have Alya by his side that day- who better to ask for fanfic writing advice than the only girl he knew that obsessed about romance novels herself.

"Hey Alya?" Adrien began not turning away the blank canvas upon his screen.

"What's up, Nerd?" She replied flipping through the magazine landing on a perfume sample and immediately pressing her nose down onto the page and sucking in a large breath.

Comments like this weren't unusual between the two. They had what seemed like a quirky type of relationship. Sort of like... Two people who you would think would never be good friends are friends and it just sort of... Throws a person off.

The blonde let out a large sigh, "Hurtful- moving on." Adrien swiveled around in his chair to face the redhead, "I'm trying to write a fanfiction, and i'm sorta...stumped..."

Alya rolled over onto her back and sat up, "Ah-" She said with a cheeky smile growing on her face. She adjusted her position and sat up straight holding her hands on her hips, "So you've come to the master for guidance?"

"Don't make me regret this."

"Okay, okay, what's up then?" She said inching forward on the bed to lean up and look at the computer screen. She dragged her finger against the computer following along as she read- her eyes widening as she realized what he was trying to write, "Woah there..." she muttered to herself.

Adrien, nervous and embarrassed, rubbed the back of his neck, "I had a lot of fans request it so I thought that i'd try it out..."

Alya's eyes lit up as she lunged forward scruffing up his hair, "Little Adrien's writing LadyNoir smut!?" She laughed.

Adrien's hands flung forward covering the girl's, rather loud, mouth, "Shh..! Shut up!" He whined, "Just help me!"

The red haired girl sat back on the bed and dragged her fingers against the magazine pages thinking of some advice to give, "When writing smut, always remember this: If you don't feel the back of the uterus, it's not deep enough."

Green eyes locked on the girl with a blank stare, "You really expect me to believe that."

Her tanned nose found it's way digging back into the scent of the magazine, "Yes."

"I'm not an idiot, Alya..." He mumbled turning back to his desk and letting the computer fall back onto it.

"Aren't you though..?" She said in a snarky tone.

His blond hair fell back as his head did and his fair hands reached up to rub his temples, "I honestly don't understand why I keep hanging out with you- all you do is make fun of me.."

"I secretly think it's because you like it." She smirked.

"You think I liked it that time when you stole all my pens and pencils before class and replaced them with crayons?" he asked with a blank expression.

Alya couldn't help but smirk and bite her lip at the thought of that day- the thing that topped it off: he had to write their entire physics mid-term in crayon.

"And the time you broke broke a mirror and left it on my desk and tried to convince me that I had been akumatized..."

That one was pretty funny too- lasted about a half a day until he finally convinced himself otherwise.

"Or the time you spend the day dressed up like me and basically mocked me all. day..."

That was another good day well spent. She even went so far out of her way to pay each of their classmates to refer to her as Adrien that entire day.

Best €5 she ever spent.

"The time you bought a burner phone and sent me text messages from 'my future self' and tried to warn me about future akuma attacks..."

Actually- she wasn't completely alone in that one- It was Nino's idea to get a burner phone, in fact, it was him who was behind most of those texts.

"I went out of my way to contact Ladybug and Chat Noir and they patrolled the city every night for a week straight..." he grumbled. Needless to say that Ladybug was not very pleased with the Chat who cried Akuma, "The time you snuck into my house and stole some of my possessions to then sell on e-bay..."

That actually turned out to be pretty successful. Believe it or not it makes a difference when it the title of an item goes from, 'Chewed up pencil' to 'Agreste Top Model's, Adrien Agreste, chewed up pencil'. In fact the name isn't the only thing that changed.

Another easy €50.

Despite Alya's constant begging of the boy to stop Adrien proceeded. His attempt to make Alya feel guilty about all the stuff she had done to him turned into the two teens laughing senselessly over each other about the mindless pranks the both of them had pulled on each other.

As much as the pair seemed so mix matched they knew that no matter what their situation the two would have come together eventually it just helped speed up the process that their best friends were in the mix and it wasn't possible that either one of them felt any sort of regret or remorse knowing the other.

What they had was a weird, quirky friendship that very few people really understood- but all that mattered was that they understood it.