Don't Leave Me (I'm Afraid)

“Come on, come on,” Chat said, rushing to the street where he had left his almost dead partner.

The latest akuma, Grave Digger, had the power to bury people and things alive. The battle was going well until a little girl ran into the street to retrieve her doll that was left on the street, forcing Chat to stop what he was doing to save her from danger’s path.

He didn’t notice Grave Digger pointing his weapon at him from across the street. It wasn’t until he heard Ladybug’s voice before it hit him as the child made it back to her mother. A blur of red crossed his vision when he turned around.

He turned to the side to see that the cobblestone road had been replaced with a pile of dirt. He didn’t remember screaming until he saw the footage on the Ladyblog that night.

He tried to think clearly, but it was hard. He tried to push the anger and the anxiousness down.

The only rational thing his brain could come up with was to get Grave Digger away as quickly as possible.

He got four blocks away before hiding in an alley and returning to the street where his spotted partner was.

He saw people already digging, but it still wasn’t enough. He joined in digging and digging until his partner’s face was uncovered.

He put his ear to her chest, and her breaths were barely audible.

He quickly picked her up, taking her as far away from the akuma as possible.

“M’Lady,” he said, trying to wake her up. Kid, the akuma, a voice said in his head, and he heard a blast in the near distance.

“I’m sorry, M’Lady. I know you didn’t want the reveal to happen like this,” he said, plucking the earrings from her ears.

A flash of light blinded him for a moment before he looked back. 

Marinette. Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Beautiful, sweet, kind, caring, wonderful Marinette, who never failed to make him smile, was laying there, pale and barely breathing.

All he remembered was saying Tikki’s transformation phrase and slipping his ring onto her finger before he saw red.

The next thing he knew, he was fighting the akuma with every bit of strength he had. And then he saw the miraculous ladybugs cleaning up the damage and a certain Lady Noire coming his way.

“Cha-” he grabbed her by the arm and dragged her away from all the reporters. Finally, they made it to a secluded area.

“Chaton?” 

“How could you? I needed you! Why in your right mind did you think it was okay to jump in front of the akuma? Don’t you understand how much Paris needs you?! How much I need you?”  he yelled, leaving her speechless, “Do you?”

“You are such a hypocrite,” Lady Noire huffed as she folded her arms.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me. You are such a hypocrite! You sacrifice yourself everyday like you’re just a piece of trash. I do it once and I’m the one getting yelled out? Newsflash, Chat Noir, you may think this city needs me more, but not as much as I need yo-”

She didn’t finish her sentence. She couldn’t finish her sentence because, before she knew it, Chat’s lips were on hers and she found herself kissing back.

He pulled away and pressed his forehead to hers, both of them slightly breathless.

“I can’t lose you Marinette, you are too important to me. I thought that I had loved you before, but when I found out your identity, I fell even harder. You are the reason I wake up every morning and the reason I dream every night. I can’t lose you. I already lost someone important to me and I can’t lose you too,” he cried.

She hugged him. She didn’t say anything. She didn’t know what to say.

“I was so scared that I had lost you,” he said as he began to calm down.

“I love you,” she said, kissing him softly. “I won’t leave you.”

The day ended with a lot more kisses and some love bites on a certain baker’s daughter.