Baby Talk

Marinette searched throughout the house looking for her four year old daughter. "Should I call the police?" Adrien asked.

Marinette stayed still for a second. "Not yet," Marinette said. She knocked on Emma's room and heard a thump on the walls.

"I'll give you a few seconds," Adrien said. Marinette smiled lovingly at her husband as he smiled back and went back downstairs.

Marinette opened the door and entered the pink room filled with plushes and and art work. Marinette quickly went towards Emma's closet. She was sniffling by her feet. She moved the clothes to see the little child hiding there with her knees to her chest.

"Oh, Emma," Marinette said, sitting next to the child. "No, go away. I don't want to see you," Emma said.

"I'm not leaving Emma. You worried us Emma. I know you're not happy with us but we thought you ran away," Marinette said.

"I should've. I should've gone to Ally's house. I bet Aunt Alya would've let me live with her," Emma said.

"I'm sure she would," Marinette said.

"Come here," Marinette said, beckoning her daughter to sit next to her. Emma scooted next to her mom.

Emma laid her head on her mom's chest. "I don't want things to change," Emma said, quietly. "I know sweetie," Marinette said, rubbing the blonde girl's back.

"I don't want it," Emma said. "We're not going to get rid of it, Emma," Marinette. She mumbled something into her mother's chest.

"Emma," she said, "Emma look at me," Marinette said. She looked at her mother.

"Emma, you aren't going to be forgotten. Your father and I will always love you," Marinette said.

"Stop lying. A guy named Troy in our class said everything was different when his mother gave birth to his little sister," Emma said.

"I'm not going to lie to you Emma. Everything will change for the first few months, but our love for you won't. You won't be forgotten, Emma. You're my first baby, I could never forget or not love you," Marinette said.

"No, you'll forget all about me," Emma said.

"Do you want to hear a story?" Marinette asked her daughter.

Emma nodded her head.

"When you father and I found out that we were going to have you. I freaked out." Emma looked at her mother.

"Did you not want me?" Emma asked.

"Ah, sweetie. Quite the opposite. I was worried I wasn't going to be a good mother to take care of you. And you can ask your father. When we were planning your room, I kept changing things because I thought you would hate the choices and that would make you forever hate me. And then, when you got here, I completely fell in love with you and I knew everything would be okay," her mother said.

"Really?" Emma asked. "Really. And there is one more story I want to tell you," Marinette said. "Yes please, Maman," Emma said.

"When your Aunt Bridgette found out your grandmeŕe was pregnant with me she was upset too. She said that she didn't take your grandmeŕe for two days. And then when I came, she said that your aunt fell in at first sight," Marinette said, smiling at the thought.

"Why didn't I ever get to see Aunt Bridgette, Maman?" Emma asked. "She died a long time before you were born," Marinette answered.

Emma hugged her mother tightly. "I'm sorry for scaring you and Papa," Emma apologized. "Come on. You're father is probably getting worried waiting for us," Marinette said, getting up and then she helped Emma.

"I want it to be boy," Emma said, touching Marinette's stomach. "I want it to be a boy, too," Marinette said. Adrien went to his wife.

"She has your attitude," they both said. They both laughed. So Emma didn't take it well at first but when Louis came, she fell in love with him. And when they had to have the same conversation with Louis, when Hugo came.

And as their family grew bigger they realized, the love wouldn't go away because instead of losing it, they gained one more to love and one more to love them back.

So at the beginning of this story I realized I never really said it was a baby until the end so I was thinking about them talking about getting a hamster like they always wanted. Anyway, I was trying to finish other stories when I was watching the new BABYSITTER'S CLUB and two other stories popped into my head. Don't know if I'll add them but thanks, Kittens!!! XOXO - A