It's Not All Roses

(Author's Note: Adrien's birthday is December 12th)

Gabriel Agreste, father to the newly turned 23 year old Adrien Agreste, CEO of Gabriel Fashion, and Paris's very own supervillain, Hawkmoth (but nobody knew about that).

It was a week after Adrien's birthday, when Gabriel was going to get the biggest news of his life.

He was woken up from his slumber in the middle of the night (or in the early morning, he couldn't tell) by a violent shaking. He felt uneasy.

"Wake up," ordered a familiar voice.

He opened his eyes, sitting up, startled out of his wits. A crimson avenger stood over him, eyes burning with anger hinting at his fate.

She moved his cravat slowly revealing the magical brooch. "I didn't want to believe it," she said, "I didn't want to... but it's true. And before you say a single word, if I even hear the beginning of a transformation phrase, I will drive you through the floorboards. Do you understand?"

Gabriel gulped. "Yes," he said, cautiously eyeing the red superheroine. He thought and dismissed some strategies but he couldn't find a good plan. "So this is it, I presume?" Gabriel said.

"I wish it was," she started, "You and I need to have a long talk, Monsieur Agreste. You are going to promise me that your villainous career is over. My entire being wants to drag you to INTERPOL as we speak, however... no. You are going to make an agreement, a mutual, non-aggression agreement, for your sake and mine."

"And why on everything miraculous would I do that?" Gabriel questioned, pride overcoming his self-preservation.

"Because I also found out something else today that will completely end this fight before it even starts," she says smugly.

Gabriel stares at her intently, waiting for her to speak.

"I'm carrying your grandchild." Gabriel promptly fainted.

___________________

When Gabriel woke up again, he was lying in his bed with a wet cloth against his forehead. Ladybug standing over him. So it wasn't a dream, he thought.

"No, it wasn't," she said, helping him sit up. Damn it, he said that out loud.

"So, you're pregnant with my grandchild," Ladybug nodded her head. "How do I know you aren't tricking me right now?"

"You don't know. You're just going to have to believe and not risk your future grandchild," Ladybug said. "And why aren't you taking away my miraculous right now?" Gabriel questioned.

"When Adrien finds out, which he will because I fully intend to tell him, I want him to believe his father willingly gave up because he wanted to," Ladybug said.

"Give me til tomorrow. I will give you the miraculous then," Gabriel said. "How do I know you won't set a trap for me?" Ladybug inquired.

"You're just going to have to trust me then," he mimicked her words. "Fine, I'll be back," Ladybug said.

Gabriel didn't sleep for the rest of the night, wrapping his mind around everything. Ladybug knew his identity, Ladybug was supposedly pregnant. With Adrien's child! And she was going to tell Adrien about him being Hawkmoth.

He heard the plumbing start at 7:45, meaning Adrien was getting ready for his morning classes at his college. It was another 30 minutes before he heard Adrien's door open. He quickly got ready and prepared to interrogate his son.

Adrien was quietly eating his breakfast, checking his schedule for the day. Nathalie standing behind him. "Thanks, Nathalie," Adrien said, handing the tablet back to the assistant.