Love Dare AU Chapter

If you don't understand you need read "Love Dare" on Archive of Our Own by theNovelArtist (At least up to chapter 7)

_________

Marinette should've known. If only she paid attention instead of fighting with Adrien. She would've noticed the changes.

She would've noticed the fact that she hadn't had her period in three months.

The drunken night that they shared three months ago that went forgotten by both after agreeing they weren't going to talk about it.

And now here she was, in the doctor's office, with the most world-shattering news, and a sonogram to go with it.

She quickly left after scheduling her next appointment and went back to her apartment (no longer her home). When she set down her purse and sat on the couch she noticed a picture on the coffee table that was on the side of the couch. A picture from their wedding.

Marinette was smiling and leaning against Adrien's chest smiling at the camera. Adrien was smiling lovingly at her, ignoring the camera. The love she felt that day was immense and she remembered smiling so hard that her jaw was sore the next day.

She couldn't stop the sobs that came out nor the tears that continuously fell off her cheeks.

Was Tikki right? Should she finish trying to put in the work to try and save her marriage? Why should she when she wasn't getting any results? Stress was the first thing on the doctor's list of stuff that was not good for the baby.

Between this and work... She looked back at the picture.

She would tell him tonight at dinner. (She would pack a bag just in case).

_____

'"Welcome home. I made dinner."

He stared at her a moment, his brow furrowed in confusion before quickly hurrying off into the master bedroom.

To say she was shocked was an understatement. But there was a thunk off somewhere in the house, and when he returned, he was no longer carrying his sports bag. Meaning that he was standing there with his hands on his hips glowering at her. "Just what are you trying to pull?"

Words lodged in her throat as she tried to answer. "Wha-what are you talking about?"

"This!" he said, gesturing to the kitchen and dining room. "This! And the days before and you getting groceries and doing laundry and all the other things and what are you trying to pull?"

Again, she struggled for words. "I'm not pulling anything."

"Really?" he challenged. Her heart sank and gut twisted. "Because I find it oddly coincidental that all this started after we agreed this," he pointed to the two of them, "was done."

"I never agreed to that, Adrien," she countered, trying to keep the anger out of her tone. "Otherwise, why would I have done any of this? What do you think I've been trying to do these last two weeks if not try to salvage our marriage?"

"Salvage our marriage?" The growly undertone was unexpected and hurt more than she ever could have guessed. "Really?"

"Yes!"

"Even when you're not here?"

"What do you mean? Of course, I'm here."

"No, you're not!" he shouted. Unconsciously, she took a step back. "Do you know how many nights that you've been here out of the last several weeks? Not many. You know how often you're here in the mornings? Not often. You're always at the office. Heck, the day I came home to all the laundry done and you still weren't here. You never are and all this just feels like a bribe to make up for the fact I never see you."