Future Past

Life for 18 year old Marinette Dupain-Cheng and her boyfriend, 19 year old Adrien Agreste, was never normal. For starters, they were Paris's superheroes, Ladybug and Chat Noir, who fought against Paris's very own supervillain, Hawkmoth.

And second, they were currently holding their future daughter in their arms. "Just watch her for a few hours while I future you guys and I finish this akuma," Bunnyx said. "Wait but we-"

"Thanks!" she said, hoping back into her time portal. The teenagers looked down at their child.

They just stared at the two year old currently being held by Marinette. "Maman!" the one year old squealed. Marinette's heart skipped a beat. She never thought she could ever love a word more than she loved Adrien.

"What's your name?" Adrien asked. "Emma!" she squealed.

"Can I hold her?" Adrien asked. "Y-Yeah. Sure," Marinette stuttered out. Marinette watched as her boyfriend cradled their child, staring at her with eyes filled with love. They both knew they wanted this in the future but seeing it in real life, it was completely... she couldn't find a word to describe it.

The small child kept kicking her feet and giggling at the funny face her father's past self kept making at her. She laughed and laughed until she started to get fussy because her father's arms were trapping her arms and feet.

"What? Do you wanna be put down?" Adrien asked. Emma just kept trying to break free of her father's grasp while shaking her head yes. Adrien sat the girl down on the carpet and she just got up and walked to the coffee table.

Adrien turned to look at his girlfriend when he noticed the tears in her eyes. "Marinette, are you okay?" Adrien asked, cupping her cheek, his thumb wiping away a runaway tear.

"That's our-our daughter," she stuttered out, "And y-you're a really good father."

His heart warmed at her antics and in that moment he saw his entire future. His entire life planned with this woman. The mother of his future child. It made his heart flutter. The wedding, the future movie nights, the future children.

He hugged her, surprising the small girl at the sudden movement. "Adrien?"

"I love you and I know that I say that a lot but I really mean it. I. Love. You," said the blonde model. Marinette kissed her boyfriend. "I love you too."

Adrien somehow managed to bring her body closer and kiss her again. "Ewwww," Emma said, covering her eyes with the back of her hands. Marinette and Adrien smiled at her antics while Emma wiped her eyes.

"Are you sleepy?" Marinette asked.

"Yeah. Maman," Emma said, reaching out for her mother. Marinette picked her up, "I got you, baby."

Emma hugged her mother, resting her head on her shoulders. Adrien watched as Marinette went to their room, assuming she was putting the baby in their bed. She came back five minutes later with no child.

Her face was left in a daze. He would have teased her about it, had he not felt the same way. A two year old girl from the future was his and his girlfriend's daughter and she was currently sleeping in his bed.

He sat next to Marinette who was sitting on the couch. "She was sleepy but couldn't go to sleep. She didn't fall asleep until I started to rub up and down her nose."

"That's what-"

"-Your mom did when you were little. I know."

Adrien's thoughts were going through his brain at one thousand miles per hour. Was he going to be a good father? Was he going to be exactly like his father? He shuddered at the thought. He took one look at the girl and fell instantly in love with her, but would she hate him? What if-

"Stop that!"

"What?" he asked.

"You're making that face you make whenever you're going deep in thought and I know how you think," Marinette said. Adrien looked down in his lap, playing with his hands.

"Adrien-"

"I know, I know. I just can't help but think," Adrien said. It was times like this where they didn't have to talk. It was just automatic comfort. They would sit in silence but it was comfortable and familiar.

Marinette leaned into him and he subconsciously wrapped his arms around her. He noticed her breathing patterns were becoming more stable and hollow when he realized she was sleeping.

He decided not to wake her up. Instead, he decided to put on a movie on Netflix while she and his daughter slept. He didn't even realize he was starting to fall asleep.

__________

Marinette and Adrien were awakened to the sound of Emma crying in the other room. Marinette quickly got back up (after falling off the couch from the suddenness of the loud scream), and rushed towards their room, Adrien following from behind.

When they entered the room, they saw Emma sitting up, tears running down her face, calling for her Maman and Papa.

"Emma, sweetie, what's wrong?" Marinette asked, both parents sitting on the opposite side of her.

"I-I had a nightmare," she said, hugging Adrien tightly. Adrien rubbed his daughters back until her sobs quieted down.

"How about we lay down with you and watch a movie? Maman and I will fight off any bad nightmares that come okay," Adrien noticed Marinette tense before calming down.

Adrien and Marinette laid next to Emma, the little girl curling into her papa's chest.

This time Marinette and Adrien stayed up as Emma went right back to sleep. Halfway through the movie, a portal appeared right next to them.

Bunnyx hopped out, pushing her hair to the side. "Hey-"

"Shhh-" the teens said, pointing to the toddler sleeping in between them. "Oh," she said in a quiet voice. "I have to take her back to the rightful parents now."

Adrien and Marinette's mood slightly went down but they understood. Adrien pressed a kiss on Emma's forehead. Marinette pecked the crown of her head as Adrien passed the baby back to Bunnyx.

"Catch you guys later," Bunnyx said as she went back into the portal with the toddler. "I miss her already."

"You know," Adrien said, breaking them out of their stares, "We could see her again."

"What do you- Ahhhh!" Marinette squealed as Adrien picked her up and threw her on the bed, before climbing on top of her and peppering her face with kisses. "I love you, Marinette."

"I love you too, Adrien."