Part 1

Darkness.

Nothing but darkness.

That's all he's seen for a while, he couldn't remember for how long.

Weeks?

Months?

Years even?

Not that it mattered, he had been the one who'd messed everything up. If only he didn't get involved in that damned blood feud.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"Akira! Come on!! They're gonna catch your slow ass if you don't hurry!" A voice shouted as the boys eyes snapped open. His eyes darted around as he looked at the different things on the shelves.

"Wha-" Akira mumbled to himself, bringing his hand up to his face. It was heavy, heavier than his normal hand, he looked to it, finding a grocery bag full of candy and different foods.

"Come here, little shit!" An older voice shouted from in front of him. The boy looked up, finding a shop keep reaching out for him.

"Oh, SHIT." Akira shouted, turning on his heals and rushing out of the store. He ran through the streets of Tokyo, letting his legs guide him as he tried to center himself in his mind. The boy turned a corner, taking a second to compose himself. Two pairs of footsteps were audible as he peaked out from the alley way, finding two boys laughing as they ran, also holding grocery bags.

"Kota? Asahi?" Akira mumbed, seeing his friends round the corner to meet up with him.

"What happened in there, Ki? Did you hit your head or something?" Asahi breathed, bending down on his knees as the shorter boy laughed at the remark.

"Yeah! You're not one to freeze! What, do we need to get you checked out?" Kota asked, trying to catch his breath as he leaned against the wall.

"I uh- sorry guys, just got a little caught up. What'd we get?" Akira asked, his witts coming back to him. He remembered, the trio had agreed to get snacks for the fight that was to happen at school the next day.

The three all laid out there snacks, picking the ones each wanted and placing them in their own bags.

"Who's even fighting tomorrow? Ugh, I swear to god if they throw in another easy fight just to get those bitch ass third years money." Kota groaned causing Asahi to nod, already chewing on the food he just got.

"Supposed to be some new kid fighting with uh, shit, what was that dude's name? The one with the long blonde hair? Hangs out with that kid with the red hair?" Asahi answered, still chewing on his food causing Kota to smack the back of his head.

"Don't chew and talk! Idiot!" Kota mumbled causing the taller boy to role his eyes.

"Oh, did you need a stepladder to get up here?!" Asahi asked, pointing to the back of his head causing the boy with anger issues to yell at him, screaming that he wasn't short.

"Takuya Yamamoto? He's part of that five man group yeah? The ones who are basically slaves to Kiyomasa?" Akira asked out causing Asahi to nod, looking to his friend.

"Yep! That'd be the one! Man, that poor kid is gonna get K-Rushed." Asahi chuckled as he threw more snacks into his mouth.

"I'd like to see that overly inflated ballon animal try to put one of us against one of his guys!" Kota spoke causing the other two to nod.

"Maybe we should, I mean, could help out those other kids. Plus, if I get to fight, that'll be enough for me." Akira spoke as he snatched a snack from the other boys bag.