Part 15

Rain smashed against the ground as Akira's grip tightened on the metal pipe as his nose began to twitch in anger. He was shaking, these shitheads thought they could take everything he'd been working for?

"Look who's finally awake! Good news, Hanagaki. Your friend bought you two a few extra seconds." The leader of the group spoke, smiling at the boy while twirling his knife.

"Akira! Run! Runaway and save yourself!" Takemichi yelled at the boy who hadn't moved from the stance he'd taken when he stood up.

"Shut up- Takemitchy... he's our best bet," Draken spoke causing Takemichi to gulp, worried about the boy.

"You know, I saw how you got stabbed, you trusted pinkie didn't you? Poor thing." The leader taunted, not getting a reaction from the boy.

One of the members rolled his eyes, confidently walking over to the boy.

"I think he's frozen boys! Look, I bet-" the boy was saying before the pipe swung upwards, smashing against his head. The boy fell to the ground with a thump, blood pouring from his head, mixing with Akira's.

"Hey! Don't think that's for free!" Two of the other members shouted, rushing from the leader's side. Akira swung the pipe low, taking out one's leg before using his leg to kick the other's knee out.

"Ow! Fuck!" One shouted, bouncing his head off of the pavement. He looked upwards at the emotionless boy who swung the pipe into his face, sending a few teeth flying in the opposite direction.

"You- you think you're gonna take my friends from me? You're gonna take my dream? My future?!" Akira growled, slowly making his way over to the other boy who was holding his knee in pain, yelping for the leader to help him.

Akira quickly threw the pipe into his face, silencing the groans and yelps, leaving only him and the leader left.

"Do you have any idea who I am?" Akira asked, staring at the leader who clutched his knife in his hand, he charged at Akira who grunted as he pulled the knife from his side, quickly bringing it up the leader's arm and dragging the blade across his forearm causing him to drop his knife.

The leader screamed in pain, bending over while clutching his arm, trying his best not to pass out at the sight of such a cut on his arm.

Akira brought his knee up to his face, hearing a sick crunch echo from his nose, the boy falling to the ground, unconscious like everyone else. Akira sighed, looking down at the knife in his hand, he knew he shouldn't have pulled it out, it would only cause more damage. But he needed to see it, he flipped it upside down, looking at the bottom of the hilt.

"K+A..." Akira mumbled, reading the carving out as he bit the inside of his cheek.

"Jesus Christ, Akira! Are you okay? Don't move, the ambulance is on its way." Takemichi spoke making his way up to the boy who dropped the knife.

"Takemimi? Where's Kota? Where's Mikey?" Akira asked, confused as he saw a different version of Takemichi standing in front of him.

"When'd you get black hair?" Akira asked causing Takemichi to furrow his eyebrows, reaching up and grasping at his hair, looking at it.

"You've lost a lot of blood, Akira... Come on, I'll explain everything later. I promise." Takemichi spoke, placing his hand on his back and ushering him towards the exit of the alley.

"Kenny- are you okay?" Akira asked out, his eyes glazed over as he wrapped his arm around the tallboys waist to keep him up.

"That was something else, Aki... you and Mikey really are made for each other- heh," Draken mumbled causing Akira to smile. A sudden feeling of weightlessness overtook the boy causing him to sigh, he knew what was happening.