Part 9

"Thank you, I'm glad to be back." Akira mumbled, bowing to his teacher who just finished welcoming the injured boy. It'd been two weeks since he'd been stabbed in the gang attack.

The boy settled into his seat, Asahi putting his books next to him.

"Alright, I'm going to math. Text me if you need anything, yeah?" Asahi asked causing Akira to nod, smiling up at the boy.

"Yeah, Im good. Thank you." Akira spoke causing Asahi to nod, patting his friend on the head before leaving the classroom.

The school day went by relatively fast, most people staring at the returning boy, rumors about the boy had spread around the school like wildfire. People said he was in jail, dead, or had moved to America.

It was just after lunch when he sat alone in the classroom, his head down as he tried his best to rest his eyes. He hasn't gotten back used to this much interaction.

Suddenly the door to the school room opened, causing Akira's face to snap up, tiredly looking around before his eyes landed on a shorter blonde boy walking in with his tall friend next to him.

"Yo, Aki." Mikey greeted, a wide smile on his face at the sight of his friend.

"Yo." Draken spoke, his deep voice nearly rattling the room. Akira rubbed his eyes as he yawned, leaning back in his seat. He waved to the two, slightly confused on why they were in his school.

"What're you guys doing here?" Akira asked as Mikey pulled up a chair next to the boys desk, Draken standing right next to him.

"I texted you and said I was here!" Mikey spoke, his smile causing his voice to be slightly higher pitched. Akira furrowed his eyebrows as he pulled his phone from his pocket, flipping it open to find that he did get a text from Mikey, but it was from three minutes ago.

Ash <3
Come out side plz >:)

"All you said was come outside." Akira mumbled causing Draken to look down at Mikey, not surprised. Mikey shrugged, leaning back in his chair as he folded his arms over his chest.

"So... How about it? You wanna hang out?" Mikey asked causing Akira to shrug, using his arms to push himself up from his desk.

"Woah woah, careful. I know you're not a hundred percent." Draken spoke, lurching forwards to help the boy which Akira quickly shook off.

The two walked from the classroom, Akira trailing slightly behind, not being able to move super well.

"Yes officer, he actually came back today. May I ask why you're inquiring about him?" A voice asked cussing Akira's ears to perk up. He stopped in his place, looking around for where the sound came from.

"Well, he's actually been reported missing. His father says he hasn't seen him in almost a month." A deeper voice spoke causing Akira's eyes to widen. His father was coming after him? That was just perfect, exactly what he needed right now.

"Ah well, right this way. We can see if he's in class." Akira heard the principal say, his heart lurching forwards. He couldn't go back to his dads, he'd kill him. He quickly turned around, using the lockers to steady himself as he walked faster, feeling the wound in his side start to reopen. He stared downwards at his feet, trying his best to contain the pain.

"Yo! Aki! You good?" A voice asked out causing the boy to furrow his eyebrows and look up from his feet. He spotted a blonde boy that was slightly familiar. His mind pushed passed the pain, remembering the boy from the Manji meetings.

"Woah, woah, slow down there. What's going on?" Chifuyu asked, rushing to the boys side, seeing sweat beat down on his face as it twinged in pain.

"I gotta get outta here." Akira grunted, seething in pain as he stumbled forwards. Chifuyu nodded, throwing the boys arm over his shoulder and helping him walk forwards faster.