Chapter 1 | The past (part 1)

3rd person pov

Alexander Ricci and his family always wanted a little girl that they could spoil. After years and numerous boys later, they finally get the news that they are expecting a baby girl. Everyone was excited, her dad and brothers were already thinking of ways to keep the boys away from her and her mom was already thinking about the bond she and her daughter could have.

Months later Manon Alexis Ricci is born and has everyone wrapped around her little finger. Her smile could light the whole room, a smile so big it reaches her eyes and her dimples appear. When she looks in your eyes it feels like she's looking into your soul with her light eyes full of warmth and love.

Years later Manon (4y/o) is about to go the primary school with her older brothers. She was very excited to make new friends and to learn new things, other kids her age are still in kindergarten but she was ahead of all the other students and was allowed to skip a grade. She liked going to school het brothers protected her of the bullies and they would always hang out with her at school.

A year later she (5y/o) has to go alone to school the last couple of hours a day, because all her brothers are now at the age of 6y/o or older and have to start training. She didn't mind because she knew they had to do it so they could protect themselves, she would never want something to happen to her brothers because they couldn't protect themselves. When she comes home from school she always runs to her fathers office to see him.

One day she arrives home and goes to her fathers office and hears him screaming to someone on the phone. She couldn't hear much but could pick up a few words "The Germans" ... "again" ... "gun shipment". She decided to cheer her dad up and knocked on the door and called him "daddy, can I come in?" "Yes princess, of course come here." She runs over to her dad and gives him a big hug and asks if he's okay. After seeing her dad she went downstairs looking for her mom and brothers, "MOMMY? Where are you?" "baby, I'm in the kitchen with your brothers." She runs over to give them all a hug. A couple hours later she goes to bed.

The week went by fast, but her dad was still having troubles with the Germans. She thought her dad would fix it soon because she thought to her self 'daddy is a super hero, he always fixes everything.' Little did she know that this was one of the things he couldn't fix.

It is now Thursday and she is waiting at school to be picked up, but her driver is later than usual. She thinks he is just stuck in traffic and waits a little longer for him.

After 10min. a black SUV arrives and stops in front of her and a man steps out and says he's here to pick her up.

Manon asks where the other man who normally comes to pick her up and the man says he was sick and that he was told to pick Manon up.

Manon is still not convinced and asks why he speaks funny (accent), he says that he moved here not so long ago from another country to work for her father. She says to the man "I'm not stepping in the car, because daddy would've said something if Ryan was sick so you're lying and lying is bad."

The man curses under his breath because Manon is too smart for her own good according to him. Just then Ryan (the fathers driver) arrives and sees whats going on a drives over as fast as he can, but he is too late cause the man grabs Manon and drags her in the car and drives off.

Ryan calls Alexander and tells him what just happened, Alexander asks why he only arrived now at the school. Ryan was held up by an obstacle on the road so he couldn't pass, which he now realizes was a distraction. Alexander orders everyone to search the whole city for Manon and to watch the cameras to see where they went. After hours of searching they still have nothing and it's like the SUV disappeared in thin air.

After years of searching they still have no clue about where she could be, the only thing they have is suspicion. Thinking it was the Germans,  but without any evidence they can't attack.