IMPORTANT A/N - DID (mental disorder)

Hi everyone, as some of you may remember I said that Manon has DID (dissociative identity disorder). At the beginning of the book I didn't have too much information about it, I researched it a bit, but it wasn't all that clear. 

Now I have more knowledge on the subject still not expert or anything but we have discussed this disorder in one of my psychology classes a couple weeks back. 

So I want to clear up somethings that I have said that is not correct, since I don't want to give you wrong information about such disorder. 

1. you have the idea that you have multiple personalities and you change between them, it is an extremely rare disorder 

2. when you 'switch' personalities you can not remember what your other personality (= guest personalities) does (the other personalities you believe you have) when you are back to yourself (= your dominant personality) 

3. you hear voices in your head commenting on your behavior and the other personalities can talk to each other about you or they can tell you to do something (the voices often appear to be in correlation with traumatic experiences from your past/ early childhood)  

4. The 'switch' can happen anytime it doesn't need to have a cause to switch personalities, so you can also not decide when you change personalities, the switch can take from a couple minutes to several hours 

5. the identity can be completly different from your own, plus its gender and physique can also be completly different (like you can be a shy person and one of your personalities is a strong, big, confidant male)

I hope this clears some things up so in my story I will as well be making some changes from now on when it comes to this disorder. So it is more accurate. (I feel like I've been making it look like it isn't something bad but it is, consequences from this disorder can be bad) 

Enjoy the holidays!