Chapter 15 | Sorry...

Tyler's POV (her younger brother)
Before Manon arrived back home, I wasn't really involved in things. Everyone kinda just forgot that I also live with them. My brothers all have their own friends and well they only talk to each other, because they're closer in age than me and have more in common with each other than me.

I think it's because I'm not involved in the mafia. I know about it but I don't like being involved in it. So much blood, so much violence, betrayal... I don't want to live like that so I don't. But because of that choice I think I lost the chance to have a real relationship with my brothers.

My parents, well they give me attention, I mean kind of. My dad is always working even though Kody took over he's still always working. So he only really talks to me at dinner and that's only for about 5 min so he can talk with the others as well.

My mom well she decided to distance herself from her children after Manon was taken so if one of us would be kidnapped it would hurt less. That's her logic, I don't really think it's right but hey I'm not going to say what she can and can not do.

Now that Manon is back everything is slowly changing. She stood for me against my bullies, something our brothers never did for me. I don't even think they ever noticed that I was being bullied. She put out brothers in place for forgetting to take me to school and for not sticking up for me.

Because of her I'm starting to feel like I have someone who cares about me. I don't really think the others care about me, they never showed that they did.

Right now we're in the hospital because Manon was passed out in her room. Due to the fact that she drank too much. I'm scared to lose her, I know I've only known her for about a month but she makes me like myself and not that there's something wrong with me.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear screaming.

"CODE BLUE" "WE'RE LOSING HER"

I see nurses running in the direction where they took Manon.

No, no, no, no this can not be happening.

I start panicking thinking about all the possibilities that could happen. While it's getting harder to keep breathing.

Manon could die.
She could survive but be in a coma for who knows how long.
Her liver may be destroyed due to the fact that she has done this before. And slowly die as a result of liver failure.
...

The last thing that starts playing before my eyes is how everyone will be if we would lose her.

My parents their heart would shatter completely.

My brothers would become a shell of who they are now. Which is already a shell of who they used to be before she was taken.

James and her friends, I don't even know how they'll feel. They know her the best, they're the closest with her.

Ares I don't know how he'll feel. I have a feeling that he likes her but I don't know how. So I don't know how he would react.

And me, I don't think I can live without her. She showed me what it feels like to have someone who cares for you, who takes care of you. I don't want to live without that. And I'm sure that if we lose Manon I will lose that. I didn't have that before so I will surely not have it now.

Suddenly I can not breath anymore and my vision is slowly fading. Every sound is fading to the background.

And just like that everything is gone the only thing that remains is darkness and silence, complete silence.