Chapter 32 | Date night

Ares's POV

After we arrived at Manon's home, since we decided that would be the safest at the moment, we ordered some food and started making a plan so this is all over once and for all.

A few hours in we decided that it's been enough and that we will continue the next day. Just as I was about to leave the room Manon asks if she could talk to me. I'm glad she asked because I kind of been wanting to talk to her as well.

She takes me outside to the garden and sits down on the swing there. I take a seat next to her, it's like this big comfy swing for multiple people. As soon as I sit down she takes my hand in hers and holds it. We sit in silence for a few minutes, enjoying each other's presence before she starts talking.

"Mon ange I wanted to talk to you about what happened before the shooting at the ball. Do you remember what you said to me and asked me?"

I think back to that day and remember asking her to go out with me and her asking if she could kiss me.

I nod my head, scared of what she'll say. Scared she changed her mind.

"I wanted to know if you would like to go on a date with me tomorrow evening, I know we're kind of in the middle of something big but I don't wanna wait till it's over."

Om my god. Is this real or am I dreaming, because if this is a dream let me wake up right now. I don't think I can take another dream that is too good to be true.

"Ares, are you okay? You zoned out there for a bit."

"Uhh yeah, no I'd love to go out tomorrow."

"Okay, be ready by 8 pm. We'll go out to eat something and after I'll take you someplace else, which is still a surprise. Just dress casual, nothing too fancy."

"Okay, goodnight."

"Goodnight, mon ange."

- the next day, afternoon -

My date with Manon is in a few hours and I'm kinda nervous, over the past months since she's been back we've been getting to know each other and she has been helping me to get over my fear slowly.

I know I should be more focused at this moment on the plan we're trying to come up with to get rid of the Germans but it's hard. Manon is leading the meeting as usual, and looking at her right now kind of turns me on which is weird since that's never really happened after what happened in the past.

Her dominant aura, the way she carries herself, the way she can hold everyone's attention on her, and on top of that everyone here respects her. Every single one of her soldiers respects her, that's very difficult to get as a woman in this world.

As a woman in this world, you're only good for very few things, according to most men. And that's cleaning, cooking, opening your legs for them, and giving them an heir.

That's it.

And I think that will be the downfall for a lot of them, underestimating women.

I am pulled out of my trance by the sound of the chairs moving indicating that the meeting is over.

Just as I'm about to leave Manon calls me over again.