Chapter 14 | Pity

James's POV (her papa)

We're currently sitting in court waiting for the judges decision concerning Manon. You know this is not the first time this has happened.

Around 2 years ago when she was just about a year with me a boy slapped her ass and she got triggered. Her memories from when she was kidnapped came crashing down on her.

Without giving it a second thought she started punching and kicking the guy. I after she was satisfied with that she got her pocketknife out and started to cut his balls and dick off.

She was let off, meaning she didn't have to go to juvie but she was told that she had to see a psychologist once or twice a week until there was improvement.

Although what happened a week ago started as self defence not many people will see it that way because it went very far.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the judge.

"After hearing both sides, I have decided..."

"Self defence, but due to the fact that you didn't stop when deemed necessary as a result of mental illness, I will ask you to start taking your meds again or going back to your psychologist once a month. At least half a year. We will now have a short break so you can decide with which option you will go."

Oh she's not going to be happy with that, she would rather go to jail than take her meds or see her psychologist. I'm guessing she's going to say meds and than fake that she's taking her meds. She likes having Hekate and Blake with her.

Her family seems to be happy with that decision, but I think they're shocked and disappointed with her before from last week. Personally speaking they don't have the right to, they don't know what she went through all those years when she was with them.

Whenever her past is brought up wether intentionally or unintentionally she feels mixed emotions. But 2 overpower all the others, although fear is a strong feeling within her concerning them hatred and revenge is much stronger.

It starts of as fear when she hears of them or when she hears that they're coming close but than all the memories come crashing down. The fear being replaced by anger towards the people who ruined her life and a vengeance growing stronger with each day.

I'm proud at how far she's come. When we first met she was very closed off, when I found her on the streets. I was lucky that she was too weak to fight me because I don't know what would've happened to her if she fought and ran from me.

It took almost a year to gain her trust and after that year we spent the last two years on training her for taking over from me. Don't mistake the training part, in the first year she was with me she started training in her own, she didn't want anyone in the room with her when she was in the gym.

At night she would watch videos of professional fighters and the next day she would practice them in the gym. She didn't move on to another exercise until the one she started was perfected.

If there's one thing that's a positive as well as a negative thing about Manon than that is that she's a perfectionist. Everything has to go according to her will if it doesn't than she gets mad, but like real mad, crazy. She's even scarier this way than when Hekate or Blaze has taken over.

"Welcome back everyone where here to finalise this case. Miss Bellrose what have you decided?"

"You honour I have decided to start taking my medication again under the watchful eye of my family and friends to make sure I've taken them." Manon announces.