Chapter 37 | I'm yours 🔥

Manon's POV ~ 9 months after
It's been nine months since I walked into the room where that bitch got to Ares. Every day since I've been spending as much time with him as possible, even though he said he was fine after a week, I know he isn't, I know it caused him to have flashbacks to when he was kidnapped.

So every day I'm with him trying to replace those memories with good ones. And every day I tell him that she's not here anymore and that the only place where she can hurt him now is in his mind, his memories.

Right now he's still in bed sleeping and I'm up to set my plan in motion. We've grown closer and closer in the past few months, I even asked him to be my boyfriend six months ago.

He said yes, of course.

Right now I'm meeting with all my brothers and my three best friends at the coffee shop in town because they're going to help me with everything. First, we come up with a detailed plan no longer an idea.

After everything is decided, we divide all the tasks that need to be done. We decided that the first deadline is in two weeks.

Wanting to scratch my items off as soon as possible I decide to immediately get to work. I call Michael and Olivia to meet me at the local jewelry store.

After looking at all the rings for over an hour and then going back and forth with the siblings on what he would like best, we found the perfect one. I thank them for helping me and make my way home, hoping he's still in bed.

As I arrive home I make my way toward our bedroom and see him still asleep. I take my clothes off only leaving myself in my underwear and get back in bed with him, watching him as he peacefully sleeps. He moves closer to me and wraps his arm around my body, I move my hand toward his hair and start playing with his hair. 

After about 30 minutes he wakes up, when he sees me watching him he gets shy and hides under the blanket. While telling me to stop watching him. I crawl on top of him and pull the blanket out of his face. 

"Why are you so shy all of a sudden, if I remember correctly, I usually catch you staring at me in the mornings and when I catch you doing it you just say that I'm too beautiful not to look at. So why can't I do the same huh?" 

"I don't know. It just feels different when you do it to me. It makes me a little insecure sometimes like you could do way better than me-" 

"Let me stop you right there, you are the best thing that ever happened to me. When we were younger you always made sure I was okay, you helped me with bullies, gave me a handmade present for each one of my birthdays and when I went missing you took matters into your own hands to get me back even if that meant putting yourself in danger. And look at you now,  standing up for me when someone doubts me even though you know I'm very capable of doing that for myself, feeling secure enough to tell me your doubts and fears, to show your vulnerabilities, walking away from a fight to calm down and coming back later talk it out instead of screaming and getting mad. 

I love everything about you. That little noise you make when you eat something you love. Or the scrunch in your nose when there's something you don't like. The way you say 'I love you' with your actions rather than your words because you know I rather have you show it than say it and don't mean it. The text messages you sent throughout the day when you think of me, or when you see something that reminds you of me, to tell me how your day is going, or to tell me you miss me and can't wait to be back home with me in my arms. 

I love how red you get when you're embarrassed or when you become all hot and bothered by something I said, did, or am wearing. I love the effect I have on you and the fact that you don't try to hide, not even when we're out in public.