Chapter 36 | the Germans

- 2 days after the meeting - 

Ares's POV 

I'm awoken by the sound of gunshots going off in the distance, I look next to me to see Manon already out of bed. I quickly go over to the bathroom pull my clothes on and brush my teeth. I mean priorities right? 

I walk over to the hidden cabinet and take out a couple of knives, throwing stars, guns, and two AK47s that I'll put around my torso. First I put my bulletproof vest on next I start putting all my weapons in the compartments of my pants as well as the vest. And lastly, I put a helmet on to protect my head against bullets. 

Might all be a little overboard but when Manon asked me to wear all of this so she would have to worry less about me not being protected. She said it would ease her mind to know that my vital organs are protected from possible bullet damage. 

I walk over to the other side of the room and slowly look at the window to see what the situation is outside. Just as I look outside I see the soldiers from the Germans marching up to our gates, some of them pulling the pins out of their grenades and throwing them at the gate so they can get in. Stupid if you ask me, the Ricci's made sure that thing was bulletproof and bombproof.

As the grenades go off they see that small to no damage is done to the gates and they start yelling at each other probably on how to pass the gates. Not even 5 minutes later someone arrives with a big bomb, yeah the gate will blow up after that. 

I quickly run out of the room and towards the position I got to set up camp and make myself comfortable, well as comfortable as possible in this situation. 

I got placed in one of the secret rooms that has a small peephole and a desk with a computer that shows the camera footage of the house and the outside. The door also has multiple small sections you can pull out where you can position your gun and shoot at the intruders. 

Just as I was about to place myself behind the desk to look at everything I hear the bomb go off. I quickly look at the cameras to see if they got in, and indeed I see Germans slowly inching closer to the mansion. Like the bomb wasn't a dead giveaway, but hey not everyone has common sense. 

I start looking at the camera that is placed in the hallway that leads the where I am, so that when someone comes I can kill them. I don't know if the soldiers are warned yet so I press the emergency button next to the light switch to alarm them. 

I see soldiers coming up the stairs and prepare myself. I get my gun ready and take out the top section, I look out it waiting for the perfect moment to shoot. I see them coming closer, and as soon as they're almost in front of me I take the safety off and pull the trigger twice, shooting the two men in the head. 

I look back at the screen from my position and see more men coming my way. I check to see if I have enough bullets for all of them. Once I see that there are enough bullets I hold my gun up and aim at the first guy that comes around the corner. I shoot him between his eyes and quickly shoot the other ones before they have time to start shooting in my direction. 

After shooting about 20 more guys I look at the computerscreen to see everything calming down, most of their guys are dead and a couple of ours. I take this as my sign that it's safe to come out and go back to my room to put some of the stuff I don't need anymore away and grab some more bullets. 

Just as I'm about to turn back to the door to leave again, I hear the door lock. I immediately stiffen, knowing Manon wouldn't just lock the door and the others would have said something to me when they came in. 

- trigger warning: attempted sa - 

I slowly turn around and see her. The reason for my trauma. The woman that assaulted me for months when she kidnapped me. The woman that caused me to be scared of women. The woman that made me a shell of myself, of the person that I once was. And now she's standing just a couple of feet away from me.