Chapter 18 | Family day

Melanie's POV - the next day

I woke up and went downstairs and started making breakfast today for everyone. Normally the cooks make breakfast but I gave them the day off, wanting to spend it with my family.

Around an hour later I finally finished making breakfast, I wanted to start the day with a bang. So I made waffles, crêpes, croissants, pains du chocolat and pistolets from scratch, cut different fruits for chocolate fondue, made different kinds of eggs (boiled, scrambled...) and placed some charcuterie on the table.

It's now 10am and nobody has come down yet, which is very weird normally everyone is up by now. So I decided to go look for everyone. I go up to the first floor to find my husband already working on some paperwork in his office.

I tell him breakfast is ready and that he better take the day off today cause we're going to spend the day together as a family. I went up to the next floor where all the kids' bedrooms are. I open the first door and nothing, the second nothing. It's like that with every single door. I'm starting to feel a little panicked.

I open Manon's door and see everyone lying on her bed. Her being surrounded by all of her brothers, they're all hugging each other. It warms my heart seeing them together like this again. When they were younger and Manon was still with us we used to do family night every Saturday. The kids and us would all sleep in our bed.

I walk up to the bed and gently try to wake them up, but to no avail. So I decide to take the easy option, screaming.

"BREAKFAST IS READY, GET YOUR ASSES DOWNSTAIRS!"

Everyone jumps up and some of them fall on the floor. They all groan and walk out of the room to their own room to freshen up.

I go back downstairs and place everything and the table and look at the result. I give myself a mental pat on the back. Alexander comes in the room and his eyes widen when he sees the food.

(this but you know without the wooden plank and much more plus other things)

Everyone walks in and takes a seat. When everyone is finally settled, I decided to tell them the plans for today.

"Okay everyone, now that everyone is here I want to tell you something."

"Are you pregnant again?" Someone asks, I couldn't pinpoint who it was because of how quiet they asked.

"No, I'm not pregnant. I wanted to tell you that we're going to spend the day together as a family. And before any of you will complain, everyone gets to choose an activity to do today. Everyone gets around an hour for their activity, since we are with 8.