Chapter 17 | Return

Manon's POV - 2 weeks later
It's been two weeks since I left everyone to take some time for myself.

Everyone saw my scars and I'm scared of their reaction. The last time someone I was getting closer to sad them they left me.

~ Flashback ~
We've been dating for 6 six months now and I think it's for me to tell him about my past and scars.

"Mon chèr I wanna show you something okay? I want you to not say anything until I have explained everything."

"Of course babe."

Here goes nothing.

"When I was younger I was kidnapped from my family by people that hated our family. At first they gave me food three times a day not much but other than that they left me alone.

As the time went by they started treating me more badly. Less food and water. Sometimes I got slapped when I asked for more food because I hadn't eaten in days.

It went on like that for a year and after I got worse ..."

I had just explained everything and stood up. I took my shirt and pants off to show him my scars.

When I was ready I put my clothes back on and looked at him to see his reaction.

When I looked at him I saw repulse, disgust and pity. He pitied me because of what I went throughout was repulsed and disgusted by the effects of it on my body and mental health.

I thought we could work through it, that he just needed time to process everything but the words he spoke next broke me.

"I can't be with you anymore. You're broken, everything makes sense now. How you were so distant in the beginning and took months for you to let me in. How you still didn't completely trust me after I proved myself I don't know how many times. You're reactions to sudden loud noises. How you get scared of me whenever I get mad even if it's not because of you.

You're broken, your past has left such a big mark on you that it will always show not only mentally but physically as well.

How can I look at you without being reminded of how broken you are. Every part of your body has a scar on it, scars that are ugly. I don't want to look at you and see those. They're disgusting. I don't people to look at me weirdly when they see me with you in the summer, when your scars are visible.

I don't need someone who is broken beyond repair. Goodbye Manon."

And with that he stood up and left.

~ End flashback ~

I know I shouldn't just think of that one bad time when someone saw my scars but that's the only one that keeps replaying in my mind.

Not the one when papa, Misha and Arthur saw my scars and broke out crying after hearing my story. And came up to me and hugged me for five minutes.

What if my family leaves just like he did. I couldn't handle that again, so I decided to distance myself from them by living.

I know it wasn't the best idea, but at that moment it was all that came to mind.

Now that I had time to come to terms with the situation, I think it is time for me to go back and face everything.