Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Who am i?

A year had passed since the final battle. But the world is not at peace yet. When you think eliminating the progenitor of the demons, all other demons would cease to exist as well. But no, there are still hundreds thousand of them roaming around freely devouring peoples flesh and blood. And so, the corp is still here to stay and sworn to wipe out every last demon off the face of the earth.

Since the old generation hashira are now gone, a new generation came to replace them taking the same responsibility to protect civilians from harms. And it seems to be fitting as the corp has a new leader replacing the previous leader, Ubuyashiki Kagaya. His son, Ubuyashiki Kiriya may looked like a child, but the mind inside is already mature like a wise fifty years old man.

Kiriya: "Hello my fellow hunters."

All: "Greetings, Kiriya Sama." They said in unison.

Kiriya: "Ah, i see everyone is here today. Good."

After the final battle, only two hashira survived. Tomioka Giyuu and Shinazugawa Sanemi. Both have retired from the corp as their body are no longer in their prime. It took nearly two months for the new generation to fill in the missing spots.

Agatsuma Zenitsu- Thunder hashira

Hashibira Inosuke- Beast Hashira

Tsuyuri Kanao- Flower Hashira

Kanzaki Aoi- Water Hashira

Shinazugawa Genya- Elite marksman

Kamado Nezuko- Fire hashira

After her brother's death, Nezuko decided to train with the former water hashira, Urokodaki Sakonji who also had trained her brother in the past. She later learned the fire breathing technique and surge up the rank in just under two months.

Kiriya: "Well, as you all know. Today is the exact day when the final battle had happened a year ago."

Zenitsu: "Its already been a year huh?"

Genya: "Time passes by quickly these days."

Kiriya: "And as such of today, let us pray for the fallen comrade who fought with their live a year ago."

A moment of silent ensues and it went on for quite a bit.

Inosuke: *cough* "Is there a reason for us to gather here today?"

Kiriya: "Ah yes. Thank you for reminding me beast hashira. Today i would like to announce a new ally forces joining us in this effort to exterminate demons."

Aoi: "An organisation is teaming up with us now?"

Kiriya: "Ah yes, precisely. Can you guess which one?"

Kanao: "Its the government isn't it?"

The girl with a purple butterfly hairpin tied her hair into a ponytail spoke in a monotone voice. After the death of her beloved sister and the death of her lover, she seemingly revert back into her emotionless self. She wore a butterfly pattern haori recreated by the same tailor who made her sisters haori. Her sharp senses has always amazes the other corp member and it even sometimes scares them.

Kiriya: "Precisely. After the battle had finished, the government had contacted us regarding on partnership. After a year of negotiating with the higher up, we finally had an agreement. Tomorrow, the corp name will be heard and we no longer have to work in the shadows."