Chapter 25

Chapter 25: The unforseen darkness

"Ugh, where am i?"

.
In a vast place where the sun shines upon a field, there was Tanjiro laying down on the ground looking confused. He got up and scans his surrounding. That's when he saw two familiar figure strapped down in a chair with their mouth covered.
'

"Father? Muzan? Why are you guys tied up?" He questions them

"Behind you!" They muffled scream

"Wha- whoa!"

.
As if his instinct has kicked in, he dropped and rolled forward nearly missing the punch that came from behind him. He turns around to see a figure shrouded in darkness around him. He assumed his stance for battle.
'

"Who are you?! Why are you inside my body?!" He yelled

"Ouch, that's harsh. Considering we've known each other for a long time." The figure said

"I've never met you in my life, ever." Tanjiro stands by his words

"Are you sure? Even though we were the same person, twin?"

.
The figure pulled down the hood he wore and the darkness seemingly starting to go away. All three of them were shocked to see the face behind all of this.
'

"Y-you are-"

"Yes, i am you." The figure simply answered

"B-but h-how? How is there the two of us?" Tanjiro is confused

"Have you ever heard the phrase, 'every person has a dark side.', hmm?"

"Wha-"

"To put it simple, i'm yours. We are twins born from the same mind. Yet somehow, you always pushed me down deep inside your heart."

"I, what?" He's still confused

"Do you know why you've always been kind to others?"

"Because that's my nature?" He hesitantly answers

"Yes, your otherworldly nature of kindness have been your drive the entire time. But there is something you didn't know. When one side are too kind in nature, their dark side are naturally the exact total opposites."

"Is that so? I didn't know." Tanjiro remarks

"You rarely get mad because of my absence since you, yes you and your stupid personality had stuffed me way down deep into the darkest place inside your heart."

"So why now? Why are you here now?" Tanjiro questioned

"Its because you've messed up. And i've come to fix your mess."

"Mess? What are you talking about?" Tanjiro being oblivious

"Don't you remember? You've died twice already, by the same killing method nonetheless! And that's when i stepped in! To replace you!"

"No, i won't allow it."

"Too late. I've already taken over. And to prevent any mishap along the way, i've tied those two up so you will never remember your friends ever again!"

"What did you do!?" Tanjiro getting concerned for his comrade

"See it for yourself."

.
As the dark figure snapped his finger, the sky suddenly split up into a giant screen. There, he can see himself standing whilst watching his friends turning against the corp.
'