Chapter 17

Chapter 17: The battle of the compass I

.
.
.

With the enemy began their attacks simultaneously from four different direction on a compass. The battle of the north, south, east and west of Japan. Humanity is on the brink of extinction unless the unstoppable army is destroyed early on. And that's what the redhead man planned to do.

.

On the south battle, another squad of hunters are fighting the same hard to kill demons. The leader of the squads are the former wind pillar, Shinazugawa Sanemi. But he faces something unexpected that left him facing it alone in the middle of the chaotic battle.
.

"Ara ara~ Why the long face Sanemi kun?" A female adult chime to him

"You, don't have the right, to speak my name." He said coldly

"Aww, have you forgotten all the good time we had spent together?"

"I, don't know you. You don't know me. Period." He retorted

"Ouch, that hurts. I thought we were lovers back then. What happened to the man i used to know?"

"My lover isn't a demon scum like you. So screw off!"

.
Shinazugawa Sanemi, a lot of people thought of this man as a brutal warlord that will never have a lover. But most doesn't know about him being in love with a woman once. And most wouldn't even believe it when told who she was.  It was the former flower pillar, Kanae Kocho.
.

"I wonder how strong you've gotten over the years?"

"Unlike you, i've aged. But that doesn't mean i will be defeated by the likes of you!" Sanemi yelled

"Lets see then Sanemi kun."

"Blood demon art: Flower field of serenity."

"Wind breathing, third form: Clean storm wind tree."

.
As a field of flowers growing closer to him, he counteracts it by unleash multiple whirlwind slashes around his body that defends him and slashes everything that surrounds him. In an instant, the field of flowers has been destroyed.
.

"Aww, you destroyed my pretty flowers..." Kanae said in disappointment

"Cut the crap! Lets get this done with already!"

"Ara? Sanemi kun. I was just getting started." She teased

"Wind breathing, first form: Dust whirlwind cutter!"

"Blood demon art: Wind chime flow."

.
Both individuals went at it with each other exchanging blows and dodges. Even though Sanemi was no longer in his prime, his skills in wielding a sword has never faded even a bit. He's the same lethal swordsman back when he was a hashira except for his stamina. His stamina has reduced a bit due to old age but still, he can give up a real fight.
.

"Looks like you're still as good as the last time i met you Sanemi kun."

"..."

"Being silent are we? Well too bad for you."

"Blood demon art: Rose thorns."

.
A row of plant thorns grew out of the ground causing Sanemi jumped over his target ready to unleash yet another move.
.

"Wind breathing, fifth form: Cold mountain winds!"

"Blood demon art: Interweaving roots."