Chapter 5

Chapter 5: The hunt

"I have a really bad feelings about this."

"Looks like master has been really busy since her first creation got annihilated in seconds"

Two demons who is serving directly under the descendant of the late demon lord, Haruka, is watching the little girl working with chemicals and bio tech to create the ultimate demon. The two test subject she had sent out were indeed able to withstand the sun but they were too bulky and slow to even fight the fast and agile hunter forces.

"You two. Come here for a sec." The girl called upon her two servant

"Yes, Haruka sama. What can we do for you today?" The demon responded

"I have an important task for both of you." The girl said in a serious voice tone

"What is it?"

"I did some research of my own. And aparantely the person who defeated my father has gone missing."

"But, its already been a year since then." One of them spoke

"Why was it relevant to us Haruka sama?"

"The fact that person has defeated my father is one thing. But another thing that peaked my interest are his body were never recovered."

"Where are you going with this?"

"Think of it for a sec. If he's alive, wouldn't he be hunting demons? But the corp never found him even after a year."

"I still don't get it Haruka sama."

"Coincidentally, you've said about a rumour a demon swordsman had been hunting our kind lately. Do you get where i'm going here?"

"Oh! So the swordsman is the person who defeated your father! Am i correct miss?"

"Precisely. Go and find him. Bring him to me my two fellow loyal servant."

"Right away miss!" Both shouted in unison

The two servants rushed out of the room seemingly excited leaving her alone in her lab. The child look over at her lab equipments filled with various liquids.

"With his blood and my father's blood within him, my creation will be invincible against any opponent. It will be the ultimate killing machine! Wahahaha! Ahahahaha!" She laughs maniacally

______________________________________

"Tanjiro san? Are you going out again?" Tamayo asked the red hair man

"I will be back before you know it." Tanjiro kindly replied back

"Don't be having some funny business when you're out there cause i will not go out just to fetch you again." A young man blurted

"Of course Yushiro san. I'm just going to visit the HQ that's all." He reassured them

After wearing his usual disguise, he went out on the street and head towards the direction of the corp HQ. Every day, he would check the place to snoop some info whenever there was a meeting. Since the meeting usually happened at the same time, every time like clockwork, he arrived early each time to see if there's any meetings happening on that day. And sure enough, minutes after his first arrivals, people started to show up.

He usually hid himself in between two rafters just above the meeting area. They may not see him be he sure can see and hear their conversation as clear as day. As the time goes by, more and more people he knew shows up.