Chapter 27

Chapter 27: A death

.

.

.

.

.

"Kanao.... Kanao.... Wake up."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Wake up."

.

.

.

Ugh, my head. What's happening?

"Bring the straps. We need to restrain her."

.
Voices. Restrain? Why am i- wait. Where am i? I was with- Tanjiro. I gotta get up! I muster all of my strength to get up. I see the corp members all surrounding me.
'

"Tsuyuri sama. You're awake!" One of them said

"Where's Tanjiro?!" I asked

"Calm down. You need to rest."

"I must know where is he?!" I insisted

"Wh- we don't know!"

.
They don't know? How is that- did he escaped? Just as i was getting more and more confused, i see a familiar face ran by yelling something.
'

"Out of the way! This is an emergency!"

"Yushiro san? Giyuu san?"

.
As i hear them getting farther and farther away, i shot up from the ground ready to chase them. Unfortunately, i was stopped by a wall of hunters begging me to stay.
'

"Forgive me. I must go!"

.
Without hesitation, i push through the massive crowd of hunters. They all still tried to hold me back and some even jumped on me hoping to slow me down. With all the strength i had in me, i kept on pushing through eventually got passed them but they're still holding onto my uniform. What a nuisance.
'

"Tsuyuri sama! You need to rest!"

"Stop her!"

.
Hah, looks like their persistent do pay off. I eventually fell flat on the ground and immediately felt a hundred hunters piling on top of me. Just when i was about to give up, a corp member was talking to another one just off to my right. I overheard their conversation.
'

"What's going on here?"

"Nothing. Its nothing. What about Tanjiro sama? Is he okay?"

"I don't know. They say he's not breathing."

"Did he died?"

"Unfortunately, most likely."

.
Hearing the word 'died' made my heart shook. Tanjiro, died? He can't be dead. No, he can't. I need to see him! With a newfound determination. I managed to get up and push all of the corp members away from me. I made quick sprint dash towards the direction where i saw Yushiro san went. A crowd, that's must be where Tanjiro is. At first, i didn't go through the crowd just to make sure its the right place. I stood on top of a rock and that's when i see him. His eyes are closed and Yushiro doing something to him. But, his chest aren't moving. Is he, no. I refuse to believe it!