Chapter 21

Chapter 21: The battle of the wild west

On the west side of Japan, its the last one out of the four direction in a compass. A battle between a male demon and a female hunter in the midst of other hunters trying to defeat the enemies increasing numbers. With no reinforcement on the way, they're the only hope to stop the total destruction of humanity.
'

"You're strong for someone at your size."

"Are you mocking me?"

"Rather more of a compliment."

"Still, its rude. Haven't you learn any manners Rengoku san?"

"Manners are for the weak. And i'm definitely not weak. Not anymore!"

"Blood demon art: Raging flame!"

"Water breathing, first form: Water surface slash!"

.
With raging flames came from down under, a gush of water quenched the flame with little to no effort. The flame will never burn out as the battle heating up with each spark made the flame fire up even more. One side seeks for vengeance while the other are full of uncertainty and confusion between which is right and which is wrong. With black tears running down his cheeks, he's no longer himself anymore.
'

"This is thrilling! Ever since i've lost to that man, i've craved for more. Now i know why." Kyoujuro said thrilled

"You're not the man i used to know. Where is the man that had saved 200 passengers in a train?" Aoi asked

"Enough! That person you admire so much is dead! Gone!"

"Oh? So where is he right now?"

"That human is no more! He's weak! Unlike me, i'm no longer that man. That man is dead to both me and you that is!"

"In that case, there's no reason for me to spare you now."

"This is where you'll die little missy!"

"Blood demon art: Purgatory annihilation!"

"Water breathing, ninth form: Splashing water flow!"

.
With the flame of hell came from down under surging for the female hunter, she responded by forming what essentially is a water barrier between her and the flames of hell. As the flame got hotter and hotter by the second, she began to feel the heat and started to losing it.
'

"Urgh! Its hot!" She thought

"Just give up already. You'd have lost this battle one way or another Kanzaki san."

"At this rate, the heat is gonna overwhelm me. Shoot, i can't escape this without getting burn to crisp." She thought again

"Still not giving up? Well let me turn up the heat for you."

"You're not gonna get away with this Rengoku san!"

"You're brave and all but in the end, evil will prevail no matter what."

.
The towering flame is getting brighter and hotter that all nearby metal started to glow red. Her own blade is starting to glow red hot. Surprisingly, it had not yet bent or warp from the heat considering how bright is it glowing. But that doesn't matter as the female hunter starting to lose her balance.
'

"This is bad. I'm starting to fade in and out. Am i getting dehydrated?" She thought to herself

.
As the thought ran through her mind, she accidentally stepped on a piece of rock and he reflex kicked into action bending her knees. She felt herself losing balance completely and her vision started to move sideways. The technique instantly broke and so the water barrier had disappear leaving nothing in between her and the flame.
'