Chapter 9

Chapter 9: The deception

Nezuko POV

Hmm, Zenitsu san seems to be sleeping. His face when he sleeps was cute. I can't help but play around with his hair a bit. Its long and surprisingly silky smooth. I remember the first time we've met. I was inside a box and i heard someone running towards my direction, only to be stopped and his voice made it crystal clear. Hmm? Is he waking up?

"Zenitsu san? Is there something wrong?"

"..."

"Zenitsu san? Where are you going?"

That's odd. He suddenly woke up and grabbed his sword. He didn't answer me either. Then he took off on his own. I then of course was worried what could possibly be bothering him. And then, i saw it. A demon, with Kanao san and Aoi san looking at it. It doesn't seem to be a threat it looks like. Then...

"Kaminari no kokyu, ichi no kata." Thunder breathing, first form.

"Zenitsu san! Wait!" I shouted but it was too late

"Hekireki issen!" Thunderclap and flash!

He moves through the air like a lightning striking the ground. And then, i saw Kanao san blocked him protecting the said demon. That being said, she wore the same butterfly hairpin as Kanao's and Aoi's. Do they know each other? And then, i saw Zenitsu san kicked Kanao san into the garden's fence.

"Kanao san!" I yelled

Zenitsu san continues his attacks, seemingly unaware that he just injured one of his colleague. And a girl nonetheless. As far as i know, Zenitsu san will never hurt a girl. That's when i realized, its not him. I need to stop him somehow. Maybe he responds to me. Lets see.

End of POV

Nezuko: "And that's where we are right now."

Aoi: "You really didn't mean any of that?"

Zenitsu: "No! Hell no! That was not me! It was him!"

Kanae: "Him?"

Zenitsu: "I apologise on his behalf but i'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you."

Aoi: "Are your head screwed in right?"

Zenitsu: "What do you mean? I'm being serious!"

Aoi: "I know for a fact that you've been lonely over the years and you have no one to talk to except for Tanjiro."

Zenitsu: "No... I have Nezuko chan."

Nezuko: "Actually, that's kind of true. But most time he was only calling out my name."

Zenitsu: "No, Nezuko chan. Why do you do me like this? Point is, i have two personality. Or more like, functions."

Kanao: "I don't follow your logic."

Zenitsu: "There's two sides of me. There's me, and there's him. I'm the one who's speaking to you all while he was my, what you called it? Defence mechanism?"

Aoi: "So how does he come out?"

Zenitsu: "Well its usually when i'm sleeping or fainted."

Nezuko: "Ah, now its clear."

Aoi: "You need to control him more often."

Zenitsu: "But he never act unless its a demon or something. Speaking of which, is she a demon cause, her sound is definitely a demon."