Chapter 14

Chapter 14: The bloody paths of misery

"Kanao. Kanao."

"Uh, ah."

"Wake up Kanao."

I felt warm. It felt soft. A voice is calling me. I open my eyes to see someone very dear to me. The one who had taken care of me for a long time. I see myself surrounded in a field of red flowers.

"Shinobu? Where am i?" I sat up

"Kanao, you're awake. I see you've grown over the year."

"Am i in heaven?" I weirdly asked

"Not really. You must go back and finish your duty." She replied calmly

"Wait, did i really die?!" I panicked

"Our sister, Kanae is out there Kanao. You must bring her back before its too late." She ignored me

"Wait, where are you going? Shinobu nee san."

"Remember Kanao. We will always watch from above. Now its not your time yet."

"Wait! Don't go!"

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Don't go."

I said that out aloud as it would've seem i've just woken up. Was that a dream? Where am i? Why am i in a bed?

"I see you're finally awake." A boy spoke to me

I was shocked to hear a male voice. I looked up to see the young man standing in the doorway with his arm crossed.

"Took you long enough." He said

"Who are you and where am i?" I bluntly asked

"The name is Yushiro. You must be hungry right? Come with me." He simply said

Yushiro eh? I thought i heard that name before. I remove the blanket that was on me and to my surprise, my uniform has some holes. Thankfully i still had my haori. After some rough time of getting up, i went out the door to follow the young man. He's leading me to somewhere. I also noticed that i can see through my right eye now. How peculiar that is. We stopped right in front of a door that was labelled guest room. He opened the door to let me in.

"Please wait in here. I'll be back." He simply said before closing the door

"Ah, Kanao. You're awake." A voice spoke to me

"Genya? Everyone? What are you all doing here?"

"Its a long story. Come and sit down with us."

I did as i was told. I sat down right next to Nezuko and Aoi. We all sat in a circle. The room was quite dark with only the light bulb lighting up the room. Though it sometimes flicker.

3rd person POV

Kanao: "Why are we all here?"

Zenitsu: "We don't know either."

Aoi: "We were told that all six of us got injured during a fight."

Kanao: "Right. Wait, where's Tanjiro?"

Genya: "He went to hunt down the demon. The guy earlier told us to stay put."

Nezuko: "Something about waiting for all of us to recover."

Kanao: "But we need to go now. Help Tanjiro before he gets hurt himself."

Inosuke: "No need to."