three

December 25th 2011

harry tosses and turns in bed, he checks the digital clock that's on the night stand and it reads 1:30pm.

he wants to go back to sleep he knows what day it is and he knows he's probably fucked it up again.

it's christmas.

he's already slept in too late, a thing that his mom always hated. he knows he's probably late to getting breakfast, that's if louis even cooked anything for him. who ever said that louis truly cared about him?

harry tried his best to push away the negative thoughts but they seemed to consume him. he really wants to trust the man but what if he betrays him? like the rest of his family did.

'heck if my own family doesn't love me then why should louis' is the mantra that repeats in harry's head and soon the tears and spilling over onto the satin sheets.

his body shakes from the emotions as the thoughts repeatedly yell hurtful things at him. he feels so worthless, so fragile. he continues to sob into his hands, whimpering as he feels his body gives out from exhaustion.

~~~~

louis decided not to invite guests over this year since he figured that harry isn't ready for all the stress of meeting new people. niall was already enough so he gives the boy a break.

he got out of bed after waiting a few hours for harry to arise but it never happened. he decided to go check on him.

he opened the door, a small creek emitting from the wood as he steps on it. he sees harry curled up with the bunny that he gave him last night, it's tucked underneath his arms. he caresses harry's rosy cheek, feeling the damp skin, figuring he's probably been crying.

louis's heart aches for the younger boy. how can such a little one hold so much trauma? after looking through harry's bag last night louis found a small rec center card finding out that harry is sixteen.

louis sits and admires harry's soft childlike features his head full of curls, his chubby cheeks, and his dimples that he's only seen once.

louis feels the need to take care of the boy no matter what, just like he's done in the past with another person.

he kisses harry's cheek walking off to go prepare a breakfast of pancakes.

he hates how he didn't have enough time to get harry a gift but louis figures that a warm place to stay with a nice person and food is the best gift a person could have.

he then flips the pancake over messing it up figuring he'll eat that one and give the prettier ones to harry. he flips them onto the plate, putting some extra butter on his and harry's, then pouring some syrup on his and leaving harry's for him to prepare on his own.

~~~~

harry soon gets up with a terrible headache from all the crying he did. he gets up, using the bathroom and blowing his nose rewashing his hands before walking out to see louis eating his pancakes.

"hey harry how did you sleep?"

"good also merry christmas."

"thanks same too you. do you like pancakes? i made a few for you."

"i do actually thanks louis." harry smiles, grabbing his plate along with a fork before pouring a shit ton of syrup on them.

~~~~

harry eats his pancakes feeling a bit overwhelmed and stressed. "louis i just don't know i'm so stressed i don't understand why you want to take care of me." harry says, poking at his half eaten pancake as the tears in his eyes threaten to spill.