six

MENTIONS OF ABUSE IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE YOU MAY SKIP

harry feels himself get mentally smaller from the cold. he yawns and tries to snuggle into louis's chest. "boo are you sleepy?" "sweepy daddy." harry says, rubbing his eyes. "ok baby let's go inside so you can have a nap." louis opens the front door walking in. he unzips his coat before unzipping harry's knowing nobody likes the cold material touching their skin.

harry nods off the pacifier halfway falling from his lips. louis unzips harry's coat taking his little gloves at hat off. he then takes off harry's small boots along with his own. louis walks to the nursery putting harry in the crib. he kisses his cheeks that are rosy from the cold before walking out to watch a movie or two.

harry has some terrible nightmares. he almost feels paralyzed in his own dreams. these are supposed to be happy dreams not scary ones harry thinks to himself. he relives all the abuse from his past and it feels so real as if he's almost there again. "daddy it hurts stop! want my mummy!" harry screams as his dad continues to spank him harshly for the tenth time today. "she's not coming back harry! it's your fault you should know this by now you fucking disgrace!" the elder shouts as he lands another slap to harry's already bruised bottom. harry sobs before a hand comes to his mouth and nose halting the cries and his breathing.

~~~~

he then wakes up in a cold sweat alone in the dark room inside his crib. he shakes with fear and tries to take a few deep breaths to calm down but it's too late he's already spiraling. he's far out of his headspace. he tightly grips his hair as he cries. his body shakes with anger and disgust.

he can't believe that his own father who used to love him could betray him and treat him like shit. he wanted revenge but knew he was still young and had time to forgive but he couldn't. he never forget the pain that he went through to forgive the dreadful man. he continues to sob in his hands feeling his stomach churn. he groans as he continues to cry where is his daddy? he wants his daddy. "daddy!" harry cries out feeling sick from the stress just wanting to be cradled. louis hops off the couch hearing his baby's cries.

"what happened boo?"

"bad dream."

"wanna tell me what happened?"

"sure i'm not in my headspace so can we go sit on the couch?"

"sure boo here let me lift you out."

~~~~

"and then i woke up." harry says, looking straight into louis's eyes. tears cloud in both of their eyes and louis pulls harry into a tight hug. "i'm so sorry that ever happened to you harry." "it's not your fault lou." harry says, as the tears roll down his cheeks he huffs as he tries to catch his breath trying to be strong for the both of them like he's done for his mom years ago. "daddy's here baby let it all out." louis says, continuing to rub his back as harry cries into his shirt. it feels good to let out all the emotions louis knows it and wants harry to cry. he wants harry to heal he wants him to get better. he's so glad that he's finally opening up even if it's just about a nightmare it's progress.

louis sat cradling harry for about an hour until he finally stopped crying. harry rubbed his now dry eyes. he tries to breathe through his nose finding it stuffed. louis's shirt is drenched in tears and snot. louis rubs harry's wet rosy cheeks. "are you done baby?" louis asks, holding harry's head up between his fingers. harry nods looking into louis's eyes feeling himself melt in his seat. his head gets all fuzzy and his thoughts seem to scatter.

he chews on his lip feeling himself get mentally younger. he notices all the small details that he didn't pay attention to when he was big. he's sitting in a soaked nappy with an icky nose and his head hurts. he groans falling into his daddy's arms wanting to be cuddled. "hey boo are you my little baby now?" louis asks, playing with harry's curls. harry nods still chewing on his lip with his eyes closed he basks in the feeling. louis kisses his head slipping a finger in his nappy to find it soaked.