twenty six

the boys stand in the practically empty airport as paul tries to find their luggage. in the meantime niall complains that he's hungry, zayn has a migraine and liam is exhausted. harry on the other hand has a stuffy nose and is as emotional as ever.

louis is trying his own emotions under wraps as he tries to keep harry in one piece. "boo you just can't freak out you'll be fine i promise."

"noo cause been here before never good." harry replies as his eyes well with tears he hides his face in the hood of his cat onesie.

he's been in and out of his headspace ever since they got off the plane and stepped foot into the los angeles airport.

louis sighs and hugs harry close to him as he tries to calm him down quietly not wanting to worry the other occupants of the airport.

harry sobs quietly into his hands, trying to hold in all of the emotions for ten full hours finally caught up to him. his small figure shakes in louis's arms as louis picks him up grabbing their suitcase from paul going to sit down until liam and zayns bags come through.

niall on the other hand is very hyper and is still complaining about being hungry. liam and zayn would never admit but the sight was adorable just a bit annoying. "daddy food wan' food." niall says as he hops up and down grabbing liams hands.

"baba! daddy say in a second but it's been a second see one two tree! that's tree seconds too long." niall whines as he tugs on zayns shirt. zayn rubs his aching head he just truly wants to rest with liam but he can't until he sorts out niall.

zayn sighs crouching down to nialls level. he gently rubs nialls cheek to grab his attention. "hey darling were gonna get you something to eat right now alright? we just have to go to the hotel first." zayn says softly and niall nods taking a few deep breaths with zayn just like he taught him. "i'm sorry i'll be good 'cited to see fans." niall admits as he holds zayns hands in his own playing with zayns rings.

"i know you are but we just gotta stay calm be patient babes." "mkay baba i gets it wan' up pwease?" niall asks quietly and zayn picks him up giving him a big kiss on the cheek, as he bounces him on his arm rocking him softly.

niall lays his head on zayns shoulder as he listens to zayn hum to him softly giving him small kisses to his wild hair every now and then. paul smiles at the sight as he grabs the rest of the bags signaling with his free hand that they can leave now.

~~~~

harry is still pretty upset which is clearly impacting his social status. he's sitting in the back of the car with niall as niall munches happily on his happy meal. "mumma never gots me these!" niall says as he digs into the fries wiping his greasy hands on his sweatpants.

"what 'bout you hazzy what your mumma do?" niall asks as he licks his salty fingers grabbing his sippy cup.

"um i don't wanna talk 'bout it ni." harry practically whispers and niall furrows his eyebrows. "everyone's got a mumma just say it." niall continues to pressure the subject on harry making him whimper as his eyes fill with tears once more.

he already didn't want to be in california but he had to be, he had no choice. "said i don't wanna talk 'bout it ni!" harry shouts as the unshed tears stream quickly and hotly down his cheeks falling onto the red cardboard of his happy meal box.

"harry we do not yell." louis reminds harry giving him a small warning. harry groans and apologizes. niall continues to talk and harry doesn't bother to listen as he curls his legs to his chest laying his head on his knees as he cries softly to himself.

"ni what did you do?" liam asks turning to see niall looking as guilty as ever. "nothing hes just being a baby." niall scoffs opening his happy meal toy setting the box on the floor of the car. "we'll talk later niall." liam says and niall groans whispering something under his breath that liam tried his best to ignore.

louis tries to coax harry to look up and him and to calm him down but the boy doesn't listen as he tugs at his curls just wanting to be left alone. louis sighs unlacing harrys fingers from out of his hair worried that the boy would pull out a strand or two. he kisses harry hands lightly as he holds them in his own.

harry doesn't bother to snatch them away, the comfort of someone who actually cares about him feels nice. he looks up at louis his eyes are a slight red color and his cheeks are as red as ever. a deep pout is displayed on his face.

he sniffs his snotty nose as he makes grabby hands at louis. "baby how about i come back here." louis says as he lets down the seat climbing in the back with harry. he pulls the seat back up pulling harry to his chest. niall shuns the couple as he plays with the small metal car in his hands.

louis plays with harrys curls he feels sympathy for the younger boy. he just wants to take all his pain away if possible but he knows it's never going to happen if he's constantly reminded of it. "d-daddy wan' go h-home." harry sobs into louis's hoodie. "i know darling but we're gonna have so much fun just the two of us baby." louis says quietly as he feels harry shudder in his arms as he tries his best to calm down.

harry calms down in about ten minutes but he's still not in the mood for speaking. louis has given him his pacifier as they cuddle in the backseat. harry lays his head on louis chest as the elder plays in his hair lightly separating the tangles in his hair. "lou?" niall pipes up wanting too apologize.

"not right now niall." louis responds and niall groans he's sick and tired of being ignored. "it's always about dumb little harry isn't it. you were my daddy first not harrys!" niall shouts throwing the plastic toy at harry hitting him in the head.

"niall come here!" liam says and niall climbs in the front seat crossing his arms over his chest as he hears harry start to cry again. little did he know that he didn't only hurt harry's feelings but he hurt louis's too.