thirteen

louis wakes up at the crack of dawn to his phone ringing on his nightstand. he slides up in bed so he's sitting against the big headboard. he pulls harrys arms off of him as he gets up to take the call.

"hey lou sorry for ringing you so early but we have a bit of an issue."

"hey zayn what is it?" louis asks tiredly rubbing his eyes.

"so you know how niall and harry got into a fight like last week."

"uh huh yeah with the bear and the cuddles and everything else."

"yeah so niall doesn't want to be around harry and from what you told me neither does harry."

"yeah ok so what's the issue." louis asks halfway asleep not being as attentive in the conversation as he should.

"they don't like eachother and they have to be with eachother for the matter of months. do you see the issue now? they can't even be in the same room together for more than five minutes."

"maybe they can apologize to eachother harrys not as mad as he was before."

"i guess we just gotta see but for the time being ill try to keep them apart until one of them asks to see one another."

"alright anyways z i'll see you." louis yawns out making zayn yawn as well.

"alright lou i'll talk to you later buh bye."

the line dies and louis walks back in his bedroom to see a snotty faced harry. he quickly walks up to his baby, enveloping him in a hug.

"no wike bad dweams not here daddy." harry says.

"i'm so sorry baby i had to take a call i should have stayed to give you cuddles but i didn't want to wake you." louis apologizes grabbing some tissues from the bottom section of the nightstand. he helps harry blow his nose like he did with niall and his siblings thousands of times.

harry blows his nose the best that he can. louis praises him cringing at the snot rag as he throws it in the trash can. he wipes harrys eyes with the sleeve of his pajamas. "wanna cuddle or get up baby?" "cuddles pwease wet icky." harry says, as he shifts uncomfortably in the wet nappy. "alright baby let's get you changed."

~~~~

louis cuddles harry in his arms. the pacifier bobs in between harrys plush lips. harry nods off feeling tired again. the warmth of his daddies arms consume him as he head gets even fuzzier. he whimpers feeling himself fall into a smaller headspace than before. he's too tired and too little to care so he finally lets himself doze off.

louis pushes the stray curls out of his eyes and kisses his baby's head. he steadily pats his bum as yo gabba gabba plays in the back ground quietly.

~~~~

harry small soft snores fill the quite room as him and louis are both asleep cuddled in each others arms . the shows mindlessly play in the background practically talking to themselves since their audience is fast asleep.

both boys were a bit over due for a good sleep in. they stayed up pretty late for the last few weeks. harry kept having nightmares and would hate to wake up in his crib alone. the only time he didn't have a nightmare was when he voluntarily fell asleep infront of the heat output in his nursery.

while louis on the other hand couldn't sleep due to the stress of new schedules especially with a baby on his hands. he didn't expect time to fly by so fast. it's the first week of january already.

the snow has dwindled down some but it's still ferociously forming ice crystals. their snow man is completely crystallized over, the hat is frozen to its head and the carrot is long gone.