thirty six

flashback to before niall's tantrum and after.

"baby you're pretty sleepy you need a nap. this is the smallest you've been in a while."

"nu uh." niall shakes his head 'no' as he squirms in liam's arms. "baby you can barely keep your eyes open. after this interview you're taking a nap. no if ands or buts." liam scolds and niall whines as he starts to cry.

"b-but d-daddy w-wanna pway!" liam shushes him and bounces him on his hip. "zayn i'll be in the bathroom trying to calm him down." "alright i'll see you in a sec."

liam walks niall down to the bathroom and sets him on the big sink. niall has cried and cried and cried until he began to cough. he sniffs his snotty nose as liam rubs his wet red cheeks.

"darling you're just tired it's alright. come on breathe with daddy baby." liam takes a deep breath and niall takes one stuttery breath in and let's it out.

he continues to sob so liam does the same process a few more times and soon niall is calm, with a pacifier in between his puffy lips.

liam picks him up and bounces him on his hip as he hums to him. liam kisses his red cheeks as niall's messy hair tickles his neck. "hey baby we're already in the bathroom do you need a change?" liam asks and niall nods against his chest.

"alright i'll get you all clean." liam sets niall down on the sink as he walks in a stall. he sets down the changing mat on the recently cleaned floor.

he sets down the diaper bag and pulls out the supplies. liam stands up and grabs niall from the counter. niall is struggling to keep his eyes open as liam unhooks his overalls.

"baby you gotta stay awake just for thirty minutes then you can sleep." liam laughs as he slides the new pull up on and pulls up niall's overalls. "there we are baby." liam tickles his sides making niall giggle. "come on baby let's wash up."

~~~~

after the interview niall was all tuckered out but he wanted to talk to harry. he was too busy with louis so he didn't even get to talk to his best friend. let alone see him.

"daddy wanna pway with hazzy?" niall tugs on his shirt. "sorry baby but you need a nap. you were so fussy this morning." liam says and niall's eyes fill with tears.

"baba!" niall sits on the floor and sobs as he starts to throw a tantrum. zayn gets on niall's level and sits on the floor with him. he untangles niall's hands from his hair. he holds his hands in his own and kisses the backs and kisses his palms.

he pulls niall in his lap as he rocks him back and forth. niall's cries dwindle down as he hums around his thumb. zayn dries niall's wet cheeks with the end of his sweater and kisses his forehead.

"there we are baby. i'm sorry you're so upset." " 's otay baba 'm swowwy." "wanna cuddle in the car?" zayn asks as he pushes niall's messy hair from his eyes. "uh huh." niall smiles.

"see liam there's no need to get angry all the time." zayn picks niall up and kisses his cheeks. "guess so. you've always been the calmer 'parent' though." liam chuckles and zayn agrees.

"ottie?" niall whispers sleepily. "baby we can make one when we get home." zayn whispers as he bounces niall lightly on his hip.

niall soon shuts his eyes and slips his thumb in his mouth as he falls asleep. zayn and liam mentally cheer.

they finally have the whole night to themselves. "zayn where did louis and harry go?" "already left i'm guessing. harry was being weird. weirder than usual." zayn says and liam chuckles.

~~~~

zayn cuddles with niall as niall sucks around his lion pacifier. he hugs his stuffed bunny close to his chest as he basks in the warmth of the car. as he basks in the feeling of love.

~~~~

"hazzy!" niall cheers and he tackles him into a hug. "ni missed ou!" "had a good nap!" "really?" "uh huh dweamed of cupcakes!" "hazzys hair smells like cupcakes." harry whispers as he bounces on his toes. "really?"

"uh huh smell." harry pushes his curly head to niall's face. niall giggles as he smells. his best friend indeed smells like vanilla cupcakes. "wow you do!"

"that's how daddy gots my nickname." harry blushes as louis walks past him, running a hand through his curls. "sure did baby."

"show tonight z?" harry asks with a pout. "last one curly then we can go home." zayn says making both littles cheer and bounce on their toes.

~~~~

"daddy c'n has juice?" harry asks. it's been a year or so and he still hasn't gotten used to all of the people who crave his attention.

he's still a bit antsy about people touching him and so is niall but he's happy that he's made some new friends.

"um sure baby i'll make you a cup. did you go potty first though? don't want any accidents." louis whispers. harry nods and says that liam took him with niall.

"alright boo." louis picks him up and grabs his sippy cup from the dressing room counter. he unscrews the lid crouching down to their mini fridge and grabbing the small bottle of apple juice.

harry licks his lips excitedly as louis pours it into his cup. "here you go baby. drink it quick we have to be on stage in a sec." harry drinks down the apple juice quickly and throws his sippy cup aside as paul enters their room.

"hey little haz." paul picks him up and kisses his cheeks. "hi pauly!"

"last show then you'll be home. did you hear that boo?" paul asks and harry nods.

"last show and i'll be home with lou." harry smiles and louis kisses his forehead. louis singsongs, "last show and i'll be home with you."