thrity two

(btw i have nothing against harrys family nor dad it's just a fanfic i do not wish anything bad against them. they are amazing humans.)

harry dreamt of his mom which elicited too many emotions for the little to handle. he felt as if he was in her arms again and waking up from that made him feel sick.

he remembers when his mom was first murdered when he was fourteen and his dad turned himself in. gemma being the only one with a phone at the time gave them her only known contact for their grandparents. their grandparents came and picked them up quickly.

his sister also tagged along even though she wanted to stay because of her friends. they didn't bring any clothing besides the clothes on their backs. he didn't know why.

they both piled into their grandparents car exhaling in relief. they were so glad that the wretched man was gone but ever so depressed by the fact that he took one of the brightest people with him.

the mantra life in jail played in harry's mind over and over again. if life in jail is anything like the aching abuse they went through he hopes the man suffers. "grammy?" "yes harry?"

"why can't we bring our things?" harry asks and his grandparents take a deep breath. they have to explain this in a way where it won't traumatize the children anymore than they already are.

"well your daddy tired to clean up his mess with your clothing so it's now evidence. which is why gemma could only take her phone and you could only take your bear."

"mkay." harry sniffles and gemma pulls him on her lap. "we'll be alright." gemma whispers as she kisses his curls.

"yeah i guess." harry takes a shaky breath as he hugs his bear tighter to his chest. the only happy memory he has left of his mom is this bear.

this was the only happy time was when she gifted him this bear. the chaos was at its minimum at the time or at least he didn't notice since he was quite young.

but he remembers how happy anne looked. how healthy she looked. how her forehead had no stress wrinkles from the dreaded man staying on her back 24/7.

she especially had no bruises, black eyes, cuts or broken bones. he was three at the time and after that the clear skin was gone.

her forehead had deep wrinkles. she wore sunglasses even in the winter to hide the black marks. she wore jackets in the summer and long pants to cover up the bruises.

harry was to young to understand the sudden change but all remembers is his moms blood curdling scream after she was beaten for the last time.

he didn't even realize the warm moisture on cheeks until he felt gemma wiping the tears away as she cried too. his heart felt as if it was in his throat and it's felt this way for a month during investigation.

he and his sister and his grandparents stayed in hotels for the past month washing the same outfits since they didn't know when they would be called into investigation to be questioned again.

he's glad that he'll finally have a stable home even if it is in a place he didn't know or quite understand. he had to move to california with his grandparents.

he shakes his head of the thoughts as he wakes up in gemmas lap. she's sobbing into her hands and tries to pull it together as she sees that harry is awake and looks as devastated as ever.

"i-i'm sorry harry i'm supposed to be the big sister here and i can't even keep it together." she cries and harry sits up hugging her tightly.

"gems were in this together anne was my mom to and we're both sad it's alright i promise. like you said we'll be alright" harry whispers as he wipes her cheeks and with the help of some comforting from their grandparents, gemma sniffles as she wipes her cheeks.