●> Seokjin <●

●=|Surprise Visit|=|VHopeJin|=●
●=|Monster|=●

°•●•°

The monsters outside were and always had been nightmarish. Shrieking and growling, howls and mourning.

These had all once been human, but the radiation had sprung too far.

These could be mutations of humans. Multiple arms, legs, or spikes protruding from their bodies.

Others had transformed, grown fur or hunched parasites or claws.

Others were unknown. But all were carriers of the radioactive virus.

The virus was stopped by a protective barrier. A dome wrapped around the capital.

Taehyung looks outside with a huff. He lives very close to the edge of the dome and hears every bit of the screaming outside of it.

The sounds they make are horrible.

He's seen more creatures than identified, but never questioned them.

He doesn't care about the flying monstrous parasites that kill above the dome and make a curtain of blood dripping down it, or the small group clawers that nearly rip the barrier to shreds every time they set their tiny claws in the dome.

He's interested in some human lookalikes.

His house is right besides some outside trees, a perfect hidden spot on the sixteenth floor of the scrappy metal plated apartment complex.

Their technology was amazing. Their architecture? Not so much.

Taehyung knows the pain of the radiation, having felt it in the first wave when he lived in the village where the accident occured.

His eye and right arm were struck. Leaving him partly blinded and with a prosthetic.

He knows what it can do and what it feels like.

But then whenever he stares out beyond the barrier and sees the human lookalikes, he wonders if it would've been best to stay out and be affected.

Maybe nothing much would've happened.

Taehyung stares out at the setting sun, watching another horde of parasite kangaroos ripping apart the seven-legged tiger for their survival.

Blood in all kinds of colors existed now. They could have yellow blood, green, purple or even black and white.

It was always thin and runny or thick and grainy.

Taehyung felt shivers whenever he saw it. He should've been used to it by now.

His neighbor was scared of him. Having been hit and scarred. Yet no one near him had felt any effects. So they kept meeting up.

Beers or beverages down their throats and distracting edibles to forget their traumas worked for a moment. After that it was all sex and guilt.

They decided to keep it the way it was. To meet up once a week to not lose their sanity, but keep at a distance.

Especially since the poor kid had started showing signs.

Taehyung did not dare tell him.

The marks across his throat and on his back. Scars almost, sunken and branded into his skin like a blue engraved tattoo.

Maybe, just maybe, he still carried the virus.

°•●•°

The sound of everything around him cursed the monster. Running through the wild and screeching for it all to stop.