▪︎> Seokjin <▪︎

▪︎|Too Caught Up|=|YoonJin|▪︎
▪︎|Demon|▪︎

°•●•°

Isolated from cities was the last thing you needed to be stuck in. Sadly, that is the way it is.

Ever since the invasion, undead has been roaming the earth's surface on command of the demons. It wasn't a happy sight for everyone who walked the surface before.

The reason for the attacks was uncertain, but the many armies of unkillable foes have taken over cities and villages wide.

It's a miracle they haven't found Seokjin's home yet.

Tucked away through forests and far from the nearest city, the village was set up as an escape route for if this disaster ever happened.

Only the nearest village knew of it, most of them didn't survive to see the finished result.

It wasn't exactly the safest bunker. The number of people who worked or had experience in the building field was few all around.

The outside was built with thick wooden logs that were cut into sharp tips, tied with strong ropes.

Against demons, it wouldn't help, but the undead are blinder than squirrels hunting nuts. And demons are much too prideful to go hunting themselves.

All of them serve the devil. A demon of such power, he could destroy cities with the snap of his fingers.

There are seven below him. They command armies of undead and lesser demons. To kill one, it would take tremendous strength, balance, power, and stamina. If you stop killing for one second, you're dead.

Seokjin knows that very well. He lost his arm in an encounter with one of those demons.

As one of the few medics in the village, he traveled a lot to take care of people. With his expertise in herbs and poisons, he was able to cure any bad stomach acid.

It happened often that someone was poisoned or ate something bad. When he was further gone to the city, he was taken by surprise at the demon that entered it so casually.

The trauma rests on his shoulders.

He fled and went home. There, he stayed. He got his arm made by the smith, who created a prosthetic for him.

It was hard to get used to, with the poison needed to make sure it worked. But now, after a couple of years, it was like he was born with it.

People noticed a change in Seokjin when he got his arm. The happy and traveling doctor turned into a workaholic.

Other villages understood, but they still needed him. Now that Seokjin doesn't travel, they had to bring their sick to him.

Instead of careful bad news, he gave the diagnosis with a straight face. Instead of comforting the dying, he stood in his place.

He wasn't the same after the attack.

But the village never stopped treating him the way he used to be, whether Seokjin responded the same was another story.

One of those who kept trying was an old friend of the village. He was from the city, and when it was destroyed, he fled to the village.

Seokjin treated him there before the incident. This man saw the change happen and kept his optimistic self. He tried, constantly, to make the doctor smile.

The doctor's comforting smile wrinkles had faded along the frown that never left his face. His eyes never twitched. He never raised his voice.

It was as if he died. But even the undead were more alive than him.