《> Seokjin <》

《=|His Grave|=|NamJinHope|=》
《=|Wendigo|=》

°•●•°

Hoseok sits outside by his porch, his dog laying by his side as he stares out over the rows of houses a little further ahead into the village.

He lives at the edge of the large forest. No one dares to go in deep.

Neither does Hoseok.

There is a curse on this village, later discovered. Those who stay here, won't be able to leave.

There are so many who've tried. But they all died before escaping.

Truck drivers suddenly become drunk, having no control and hitting the escaping person.

A cat comes by and claws them to death, or a dog who rips them apart. Sometimes even crows just pick at them until they die.

But most times... when they do escape and they step on the one road you need to get away from this cursed village, even when the road is clear, they suddenly get hit by a car which turns around in an instant, as if he forgot his way, not even realizing he hit someone.

Hoseok tried to escape as well with his parents.

He was the lucky one.

There are some people who have ventured into the woods. Children mostly. They came back and screamed and cried of a beast that stared at them, it wouldn't move.

As they described it, it was a tall, scary beast, with a deer skeleton for a skull with large antlers, tangled scrappy bits of fur placed on its body here and there. It was skinny, and there was no doubt you could see its bones through the thin layer of skin and fur.

It had bright glowing eyes through the skull, the only thing visible the shine of yellow before it turned a deep gold. It scraped its claws along the ground before talking to them.

But out of fear when the being stepped out of its hiding spot, they ran away.

This being was called a Wendigo. The story the children told was such disbelief that no one believed it, but after adults coming back with the same story, they decided to give it a name based on a look-alike legend.

Hoseok thinks the Wendigo may have placed a curse on this town. That it knows who wants to leave and why. Which way they will go.

Hoseok ventured the woods as well, and he saw the beast with his own eyes. But it was dark, and all he saw was the silhouette. The shadow and glow in his eyes, until suddenly it disappeared.

But he heard a voice calling him after that. A voice that told him to follow.

He never did. He turned around and went back home.

He since has been keeping an eye on the forest. If he must die in this village, he'll die in his house. Not by crows or trucks.

It's a sunny day. It's a summer day. He wears his father's old hat, drinking a glass of water to keep himself hydrated, watching the road and the people in the village center at the market stalls.

He frowns a little at the arriving truck. There must be another one escaping...

His frown deepens when the truck continues. On the hill. Stopping right at the house across from his.

The doors open, and out step three young adults. Two men and one woman.

"This is the place?"

"It looks like it."