●>REMAKE<▪︎

●=|Remake of |=▪︎
●=|📿A Distant Memory📿|=▪︎

°•●•°

As Hoseok glances at the paintings in the office, his leg bounces up and down, his hands to his knees.

They always tried to make these places seem happier than they were. He didn't care much for the decoration.

Hoseok was called to the office. That could be one of three things.

A new mission.

He was getting a promotion.

Or he would be killed.

Obviously not a big fan of the third option, Hoseok only hopes for the second. He's not alone in the office either. There's four other men with him.

A young man with a sharp glare forward. He seemed to be in thought, not paying any mind to anything around him. His hands are hidden in his jacket, holding tightly onto gun in its holster from the inside of his pockets.

The second man sits closest to the door, he's tall, and looks at his phone, constantly typing and deleting texts with a frown and a slight lift of his brows. Sometimes his eyes snap up, glancing at everyone in the room before going back to his phone.

A woman with a frustrated frown, with her arms crossed and lips pursed. She seems annoyed, and every now and then takes a deep breath to calm down.

The fourth is another young woman, one who seems like she's about to fall asleep. Her legs are spread, head leaning onto the hard edge of the chair's back.

What would Hoseok be told?

His curiosity is soon stilled when his boss comes through the door. The woman takes a simple look around and then nods at him.

"Agent Four, Nineteen, Forty, please come in."

Three of them? Hoseok glances around, slowly getting up.

The man close to the door stands up, placing his phone in his back pocket, and the man with the sharp glare also slowly follows. His fingers twitch at the gun's handle.

As the door is closed by the last agent to enter, their boss sits on her chair and crosses her legs.

"Agents, welcome. I hope your weekend was nice."

None of them answer. They know better than to make small-talk with her.

She chuckles. "Very well." She leans down and rumages through her drawers, pulling out a folder filled with files of information. "You are well-aware of our competitor, I assume?"

The tall man nods. "Tainted, right?"

"Indeed." Their boss nods. "They've been hot on our heels, we've been losing agents left and right, and we can't reach the man in charge."

"Why not?" The sharp agent asks, leaning forward with a tilted head. "Who discovered that it's a man?"

"A former agent, Seven, who returned to give us the information but disappeared the very next day. We have no way of knowing if it's true." Their boss sighs. "Either way, it's up to you three to discover who the man in charge is."

"So we can take him out?" Hoseok asks.

His boss shakes her head. "No, just information."

"Bummer." The sharp man grins.

Hoseok frowns, grabbing the file his boss hands to him. The other agents grab the same, and he scans over the three items inside.

There is a page of information about Tainted. It's not a long line of text, and Hoseok sees the taller agent huffing at the result. He'd probably expected more to go off of.