|Pay The Price|

Chapter 8: Pay The Price

"You little- Mr. Orlando?" Her eyes went wide seeing me, which she immediately regretted when it increased the burning of her bloody bruise.

I blinked my eyes realizing that the face was real, not any kind of hallucination - and it was Evana. The blood flowing from her wound reminded me of that day, which I have been regretting every day.

"I-I'm sorry I wasn't focusing on the road- let me take you to the hospital," My hands along with my voice trembled as I opened the door and held her hand to help her get off the car. She hissed in pain while getting down, making me wonder how badly she might've been hurt.

When she saw her car's distorted back, she gasped. "My Porsche baby, no." To be honest her gasp was overly dramatic, but she had the right to do so. Even if she wanted to vent out her anger on me for destroying her car, I would gladly accept it.

People were gathering around, and some of them were already taking pictures of us. My back was towards the camera for which they couldn't see me, but Evana was frequently being captured by the crowd.
But suddenly she startled me by leaning against my chest, making me hitch my breath and stop on my ground.

"Hide me from the cameras," She whispered clenching her teeth in pain. I calmed my racing heart and helped her sit in the front seat as I got in mine. I quickly started the car and drove away from the paparazzi running behind us, screaming Evana's name as if their lives were dependent on her.

She looked behind at the people warily and as the buzz faded away, she turned to the front.

"Shit," she swore making me glance at her, who was checking her wound on her phone.

"Does it hurt really bad?" I asked being concerned as well as feeling dumb. Of course it does.

She shot her eyes at me and and breathed out fire, making me immediately look away, "Is that even something to ask? Forget about the pain, did you see my car? t'll take days - maybe even weeks to fix this all." She said looking at her wound once again and grabbing some tissue to wipe away the blood that was making its way down her face.

I'm sorry, I apologized silently, lacking the courage to face her.

***

Her phone rang up when the doctor was finally bandaging her head.

She looked at the caller Id and asked the doctor to excuse her for a while, but the doctor denied; he wasn't done with his job.

"Fine," she rolled her eyes and sat still obeying his advice, letting the phone ring on its own.

I was watching the whole medical process with her, which made me realize that if I had taken Sarah to a hospital that day, maybe she wouldn't have died. The doctors and nurses would've tried their best to save her.

"Why are you sighing?" Her words made me look up at her, who was sitting on the bed with bandage around her head.

Her presence still scared me.
"N-nothing." I stood up from my place putting my thoughts back in their place and averting my gaze towards the doctor who was disposing the used stuffs and washing his hands. "Doesn't she need to stay for rest?"

"The cut isn't that severe as it looks, but yeah she needs a lot of rest to heal. She'll be fine after taking the medicines I prescribed. You both can go home now." The doctor smiled with assurance as he ordered a nurse to help us with the formalities.

"Then let's go. Hospitals give me nausea." She said getting down the bed and grabbing her phone and purse. I followed her out towards the reception to pay the bills.

I was about to get out my credit card when she stopped me, "Don't worry I'll pay for it," and she took out hers. I immediately shook my head in negative and stopped her, "I caused this, so I'll pay. Don't stop me." The lady gave her a form and I paid the bills while she filled it.

We left the hospital in my car.

"Where were you going?" I asked stopping at the red lights. She was looking through her phone, from which looked up and sighed, "I don't think I'm going where I was going. Just drop me at the Mayshere street. I'll get home from there."

"Hmm." I stayed silent and kept driving, trying my best not to remember those times I hurt Sarah.

My attention shifted to her when she was talking to someone on her phone.

"Hey, well...I was in some kind of trouble." A brief pause, "Yeah yeah I just checked Instagram; how do they share so fast? And rumours are starting again. Agh!" She huffed out so loudly that it almost made me jump off my seat. I looked at her with startled eyes; was she trying to get in an accident again?

"Sorry," she murmured to me with an apologetic look. I nodded and turned towards the road and continued driving, a little more careful than before.

"Yeah I'm fine, but the doc said it'll take at least a week to heal. So you know, I cannot shoot in this state." She replied sadly. I felt bad for that, because I really didn't mean to trouble her or hurt her. I wanted to avoid her in every way possible, but still ended up meeting in a detrimental way.

"Uhh...well...my head is aching I'll talk to you later bye!" She hesitated to speak glancing at me and ended the call speaking really quick.

The drive went on silently for more 10 minutes avoiding each other.

"Here." She said when I reached the Mayshere bus stand, grabbing her purse and getting ready to get off the car.

Her hand was on the threshold of the door when I stopped her. "Which way?" I continued to avoid her face.

"Huh?" She asked, absolutely confused about what was going on.

"Which way is your home?"

"You don't need to drive me till the gate, I'll walk from here."

"Let me help, you shouldn't walk in this state." I requested genuinely, to which she yielded and sat inside. "Left."

I turned the car towards left and drove about 5 minutes till we reached her apartment.

"Thanks for the ride." She smiled faintly after getting off the car.

"About your car... Don't worry about it. I'll take care." I assured her, but hearing me her smile dropped.

"You already paid the hospital bill, why are you worrying about the car?"

"It's compensation," I explained, for some reason she wasn't trying to understand that.

"Fine." She rolled her eyes and stomped towards the gate. As her presence faded away, I finally felt relief. God, how was I staying put like that in front of her?

I knew she wasn't Sarah, she was Evana. Evana, Evana - and only Evana. Then why was her presence affecting me like this?

________________________________________________________

*John to himself* Listen everyone, she is Evana, and only Evana *not believing his own self*

What do you think about their second encounter?? Let me know!!

A vote for me please? I'm feeling really down nowadays.😞