|Crescent Moon|

Chapter 10: Crescent Moon

The mechanics couldn't fix her car by the next day. Said the parts weren't available anywhere in Turono, but after showing off some more notes, they decided to fix it and even deliver it to her address by today, instead of a few days later.

Yesterday was filled with two important meetings and stacks of paperwork. By the time I reached home, most of the furniture downstairs were moved and shoved into the storeroom, revealing a widely spacious floor for holding a perfect party.

In the morning, the newbie event manager along with the working teams started pouring in, creating a clamorous mess around the whole house. At first it indeed looked like a mess, but after a couple of hours, things finally started falling into their places and turned out as an aesthetically decorated mansion, ready for celebrating the 10th anniversary of Orlando Wristwatches.

"See? I told ya, she'll do a great job at it." Asher hung his arm around my shoulder with a smile of victory. I was standing crossing my hands on my chest, admiring the artistic work and event management plans of the young girl. Respect naturally came from heart for her, making me smile at the sight of the talent of youngsters.

If she were alive today, maybe she could've done something great in her life.

The thought weighed down the smile on my face and filled my inside with shame and disgust on myself.

Hours passed by busy with setting up a temporary bar and the music system. And after everything was set, I finally decided to check my wardrobe to find something perfect for the occasion. It was a tough decision, because most of my suits and tuxedos were black in colour. But Asher came by and helped me with searching the best 'outfit of the day' and saved me from the dilemma.

Soon it was evening, and people started arriving with their respective partners and family members. With every person entering, my anxiety kept rising. Meetings were meant to speak about the projects and presentations only, within a limited amount of people in a room.

But this was an entirely different thing - because it included too much people in their too glossy outfits and too much toothy fake smiles. So I tried my best to stay away from the crowd; but I was the host - so it was kind of impossible to not be the center of their attraction.

As the night got brisk and the mansion got occupied with people, music, drinks and laughter, I excused myself from the party and walked up to my favourite spot with my only shot of whiskey in my hand to get some fresh air.

The cold and refreshing breeze of September softly grazed my face and took away all my anxiety and uneasiness I was having at the party downstairs. The blaring music was shunned out here, leaving its rhythmic beats beneath me. The crescent moon above couldn't illuminate the roads as much as these party lights did, making me feel like I'm stuck in midst of too much artificiality.

Suddenly, I heard a roaring engine stop right in front of my house, making me furrow my eyebrows and scrutinize towards the car wondering who could it be at this hour.

It was a Porsche Cayenne, and it looked exactly the same as the one I crashed into few days ago. Following that, Evana got out of the car, the bandage prominent on her head more than her unexpectedly casual attire.
She glanced at the whole decoration and stepped towards the gate, where the guard stopped her and asked her for the invitation pass - which she didn't have, because she wasn't invited.

I was about to run down the stairs and let her in, when my eyes got stuck on the particular thing the guard asked for right in her hand.

The invitation card, the pass.